Godox Xpro II L compatibility

Mikko Kankainen

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have this new trigger that is a Leica version. But it does not work with M11. It does work with SL2, SL2-S. I asked Godox if they could fix this issue and they asked me to send video and I did that. So TTL, HSS does not work with Godox flashed (I have AD300 pro), HSS would be nice.

Godox responded:

Dear friend,
Good day!

Thanks for contacting Godox.
According to your description and video, we helped you feedback this problem to our technicians.
We're sorry that they don't have any solution for this problem right now, really sorry for the inconvenience.
But they will try their best to do more test to see if there is a way for this in the future, which we are not sure so far.

So if anyone has M11 and this trigger maybe if multiple persons contacted Godox it would speed up this process.

9 hours ago, Mikko Kankainen said:

I have this new trigger that is a Leica version. But it does not work with M11. It does work with SL2, SL2-S. I asked Godox if they could fix this issue and they asked me to send video and I did that. So TTL, HSS does not work with Godox flashed (I have AD300 pro), HSS would be nice.

Godox responded:

So if anyone has M11 and this trigger maybe if multiple persons contacted Godox it would speed up this process.

I've emailed Godox 3 or 4 months in a row. Once per month. Each time asking them to add M11 support. I always get a really nice reply that says the engineers don't have a M11 to test with. I've given up waiting for them to support the M11. They clearly don't care to do it.

37 minutes ago, Mikko Kankainen said:

I really dont understand this. Why dont they just ask Leica to send one M11 to them? I asked for a SL2-S and got it to try it out. This is win-win, just loan one unit for 1-2 month or whatever it takes. This is a showstopper at least for some users..

Leica partnered with Profoto, I think godox is unofficial support.

No that Profoto works without problems on M11.

maybe when more M11 versions come out and more people will ask, and by then they developed a flash with leica support, than we can see some more M11 support

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/15/2023 at 10:47 AM, paulscr said:

Any update on this? Tempted to treat my m11 to a Christmas present :)

I haven't heard anything. I've sent at least half a dozen emails over the past year to "servicesupport at godox.com" before I gave up. My first email was January 6th, 2023. The last answer I received:

"In response to your inquiry, our technician said they still hadn't rented the Leica M11 yet. We sincerely apologize for this."

I've since moved on as I believe Godox 1) doesn't care or 2) can't make it work. Maybe they will figure it out in 2024. Hopefully more people email them and they get around to renting the Leica M11.

On 12/17/2023 at 5:11 PM, Crem said:

I haven't heard anything. I've sent at least half a dozen emails over the past year to "servicesupport at godox.com" before I gave up. My first email was January 6th, 2023. The last answer I received:

"In response to your inquiry, our technician said they still hadn't rented the Leica M11 yet. We sincerely apologize for this."

I've since moved on as I believe Godox 1) doesn't care or 2) can't make it work. Maybe they will figure it out in 2024. Hopefully more people email them and they get around to renting the Leica M11.

all this talk of not working had me concerned. I bought the proII trigger for leica and an AD200 to use with my M10 for a shoot back in October. worked flawlessly! traded up to an M11 and updated it to the 2,02 firmware the day after it was released. Hooked it up this morning and it works flawlessly. 

Update you strobes, triggers and leicas folks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sometimesmaybe said:

both in TTL and HSS?

yup! shot at f4 at 1/4000th of a sec and slower speeds at f8. it makes no distinction in the display as to what ttl it is using which is the Leica was a 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

another at 1/4000 had a small band at the top... not sure why...  none at 1//2000 did nor did the first one I posted above. could be the flash hadn't fully cycled yet but I'll play more tomorrow

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

So yesterday I fired everything up again. Sync at all speeds but massive over exposure. 
reset the ad200 and now it won’t sync at all! Put it down for a few hours and it only syncs under 1/180. A few minutes later doesn’t even fire. Pause couple of hours and it’s back with overexposure in sync tho!

put the controller in the legacy mode and it works ok up to 1/180th and in manual only

kinda disgusted at this point so I found a used sf60 at a reliable store at less than half the new price and pulled the trigger.

as long as I don’t need hss the Godox is great as a portable studio flash but it’s days are numbered.   

• Like 1