Mp rewind issue

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I tried to rewind a film that wasnt fully used. When rewinding, a weird screechy feeling occurred. After that, i just shot the whole roll and took it out. Is this causing any problem? And is that part in the pic normal?Also, when finally rewinding, i could reload 3-4 frames extra before it stops. Never happened before.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The metal tab is the frame counter reset. It extends as soon as you remove the baseplate and resets the frame counter to zero. You can watch it happen. 

It’s possible the rewind lever on the front of the camera moved down a little to partially engage the clutch, which could cause the screeching and added tension on film rewind. I always hold the lever in the rewind position initially to ensure it is fully disengaged. 

2 hours ago, Pete otto said:

I tried to rewind a film that wasnt fully used. When rewinding, a weird screechy feeling occurred. After that, i just shot the whole roll and took it out. Is this causing any problem? And is that part in the pic normal?Also, when finally rewinding, i could reload 3-4 frames extra before it stops. Never happened before.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That tab is the film counter reset, the explanation why u get extra exposures is because, you didnt waste the film leader like when you are loading the first time 

usually i get 38exposures on a single roll, and another extra, depending on how i load the films