System upgrade? Not good for my I Pad

Pyrogallol

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has the Forum system been modified recently?

I normally access the forum through my old I Pad Mini 2, but a few days ago the login panel displayed larger, photographs do not appear automatically, I cannot reply to topics and the unread posts list will only display one page without the option to view more.

Is it me or is my old I Pad no longer upto the required spec' for the forum?

I works Ok on the laptop I am using to write this.

• 1 month later...

Funny that! I could have sworn that the little dot/asterix that denotes threads with new content and takes you to the latest post used to be to the left of a thread and now is indented on the top row, much the same as if viewed in MacOS. I noticed it because it is much easier to tap on the wrong thing now, such as the thread title when all you want to do is go to the latest post. But, I could be imagining it!

Edited by Gibbo

Do you mean the stars and the blobs?

I’ve never worked out what they do. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, those are exactly what I mean. If you click on them you are taken to the most recent unread post on the thread. If it's an asterisk, same thing but it means you have posted in that thread at some point.

• Thanks 1

I’ve cracked it. I had changed a setting on the forum without realising it was even there. Next to the Start new topic button there are two buttons, one in blue and this is how I have always had the forum set. But I must have hit the button to the right of it and changed the way things are displayed which can be seen in the second screenshot. So, something had changed, I changed it 😂

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2023 at 11:35 AM, Pyrogallol said:

Has the Forum system been modified recently?

I normally access the forum through my old I Pad Mini 2, but a few days ago the login panel displayed larger, photographs do not appear automatically, I cannot reply to topics and the unread posts list will only display one page without the option to view more.

Is it me or is my old I Pad no longer upto the required spec' for the forum?

I works Ok on the laptop I am using to write this.

After a few weeks the forum is working normally again on my I pad.

Edited by Pyrogallol

8 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I’ve cracked it. I had changed a setting on the forum without realising it was even there. Next to the Start new topic button there are two buttons, one in blue and this is how I have always had the forum set. But I must have hit the button to the right of it and changed the way things are displayed which can be seen in the second screenshot. So, something had changed, I changed it 😂

Curiouser and curiouser. In MacOS, the icons (for Condensed and Expanded views) are the other way round. The 'Bullet points' icon (Condensed view) is to the left, while your screenshot shows it to the right.

It must mean something.