Visoflex on Q

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Don’t like to admit it, but I am getting slowly older and I don’t feel like lying down anymore for an image.

Having just bought the visoflex 2 for my M, I am wondering if it would work on the Q2. Would be handy to be able to watch from up, kind of waistlevel experience.

would there be a risk (for electronics) to try this?

Olaf_ZG,  IMO, if the contacts are not equal, then the finder is not meant to work on the camera.  IMO, I wouldn't risk putting it on the Q2 camera and potentially damaging either the camera or finder.  Also, if the Q2 manual doesn't mention using the finder, it is not meant to use on the camera. Might just wait for the Q3 and see what the Leica elves create. r/ Mark

• Thanks 2

I’m guessing if the OP had a Q2, Visoflex 2 and M11, they would simply put the Visoflex 2 on the Q2 (like the rest of us have 😁, and found like Leica has stated, that it doesn’t work.  Since it doesn’t have the requisite pin configuration, I couldn’t really do any harm as…. The electronics don’t line up. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

13 hours ago, DenverSteve said:

I’m guessing if the OP had a Q2, Visoflex 2 and M11, they would simply put the Visoflex 2 on the Q2 (like the rest of us have 😁, and found like Leica has stated, that it doesn’t work.  Since it doesn’t have the requisite pin configuration, I couldn’t really do any harm as…. The electronics don’t line up. 

The OP is a bit averse of risk regarding electronics…