This 3D printed lens hood for CV35 Ultron makes it real compact

Greenhilltony

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’m a fan of vintage look lens hood. The moment I received my Ultron 35 II I went to the local Voigtlander seller and got the expensive LH-12. I had a weird feeling towards it on the Ultron and soon I learned it shouldn’t be the perfect fit hood for this lens. The design is a bit over exaggerated wide and most importantly it blocks quite a lot of the bottom right corner in the viewfinder. So I gave a quick look at our China’s eBay, Taobao, and found someone designed and made several 3D printed lens hood for CV35/2, CV35/1.5 and even CV35/2.5. The style of the hood is in respect to the one of the versions of the Summicron. He also serves both Nylon and metal versions, with optional cap for the hood. And they only cost less than 1/4 of the LH-12! Now let me show you the comparison between them on my Ultron.

The 3D printed hood, I bought the nylon version:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The LH-12:

Blockage in viewfinder, first the custom hood then the LH-12, notice the frameline on the bottom right as reference 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, rustyrus said:

Glad you enjoy it!! I just can't get past the look of the hood materials. It just wouldn't be for me with that style. 

The producer offers a metal version for another a few bucks, but he doesn’t present how it looks on the Ultron II while just on Ultron I. I have to admit the nylon looks a bit cheap but in some light conditions, it fits the dim look of my black chrome M10-P.

On 3/20/2023 at 6:37 PM, Nimar said:

Neat, there’s also a nice metal one from haoge.  Not a huge saving from the voigtlander one but rather nice https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07WQ3C4V9?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

From my personal taste, I think this hood would be better it Haoge hides its trademark and logo. Another thing is I don’t like the four tiny screws in the front of the hood, which is shared by the original one and the Haoge’s.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

34 minutes ago, Greenhilltony said:

From my personal taste, I think this hood would be better it Haoge hides its trademark and logo. Another thing is I don’t like the four tiny screws in the front of the hood, which is shared by the original one and the Haoge’s.

Black paint, same one I use to code the lens.