Battery drain with 70-300

ynp

The battery drain issue with the CL is the main reason I only own 1 3rd party lens. YES you will need a few batteries, for a whole day shooting with OIS (sigma 100-400) while out photographing birds I used all 3 of my batteries. Funny thing though, if I put the 'drained' batteries back into the CL with my M-lenses it still shows as half full.

Now I use my Leica 80-200 f4 R lens for mild wildlife photography with the CL.

I only have experience with Sigma lenses draining the battery but I'm sure it's the same deal with the Panasonic ones. If you can handle a pocket full of batteries then it's worth it.

I had some fantastic shots with the Sigma 100-400 + 1.4x but it became tedious to be battery watching instead of bird watching. I now use a Nikon 7500 with the 200-500 VR and a single battery lasts all day (almost).

The CL is an amazing camera even with all it's shortcomings, I love mine, but, horses for courses, I use the Nikon for Wildlife & the CL for almost everything else .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1