Leica repair - Leica USA in New Jersey servicing. .

Louis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I sent my CL to Leica New Jersey in January for eye sensor repair. I also gave them my required Credit card number after accepting the estimate. 

Not having my camera back yet, in the mid-March, I asked them for update…. They responded it usually takes 8 weeks, and they are behind the schedule at this time!…

This is, of course, an unacceptable situation. In the past, I had better experience, ( although not the best,)  with Leica in New Jersey. But it seems the Leica servicing is going now from bad to worse! 

I wish there was a place to complain, but would Leica AG even care!… 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wda said:

Worth an email to Customer Service  in Germany.  Check the correct website. Copy to New Jersey.

Thanks. This is what I should and would do. CS in New Jersey is very frustrating and each time you need a help, a different person without any knowledge of your case is responding with the kind of BS you get from cheap discount stores robotic phones!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis said:

Thanks. This is what I should and would do. CS in New Jersey is very frustrating and each time you need a help, a different person without any knowledge of your case is responding with the kind of BS you get from cheap discount stores robotic phones!

Didn't they give you a CS contact person when you sent your CL to them??  Let me know if not via PM or email and I'll give you a name to try.

25 minutes ago, stuny said:

Didn't they give you a CS contact person when you sent your CL to them??  Let me know if not via PM or email and I'll give you a name to try.

They have a very unprofessional attitude. Each time, there is a different person who is just trying to get rid of me without any help. 
I will PM you.

I think you have to ask what you'd do if Leica rushed a repairer just because there was an arbitrary deadline. Rushing affects everybody, the people who's repairs are in the queue ahead of you, and your repair when people come in behind in the queue and start to complain. When they take a camera apart they often won't know exactly what they'll find and some repairs will naturally take longer than anticipated and shunt all serving deadlines along a bit. So I'd want them to do it right, not to do it quickly. They do seem to have a problem with pressure plates however, where they do the repair neither quickly or properly 😄

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14 hours ago, Louis said:

I sent my CL to Leica New Jersey in January for eye sensor repair. I also gave them my required Credit card number after accepting the estimate. 

Not having my camera back yet, in the mid-March, I asked them for update…. They responded it usually takes 8 weeks, and they are behind the schedule at this time!…

This is, of course, an unacceptable situation. In the past, I had better experience, ( although not the best,)  with Leica in New Jersey. But it seems the Leica servicing is going now from bad to worse! 

I wish there was a place to complain, but would Leica AG even care!… 

I think this is normal for them - it can take many months. I have had some extremely unpleasant experiences with their repair service in the past, most recently it seems to me that someone there is trying to make things better. But they will still be slow. 

Edited by gotium