Switching between photo and video mode without using touch screen?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been playing around with my Q2, trying to figure out how to customize a button so that I can switch back and forth between photo and video mode at the touch of a button.

Maybe I'm dense, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I'm often wearing gloves when using the Q2, so the touch screen doesn't get used much, so I'd really like to be able to just use a button press (or 2) to move back and forth between modes.

Anyone have a solution for me?  

I am unlikely to want to do a simple switch from Photo to Video - I want to go to a video set up with preferences for resolution, frame rate, video format etc. I would set up a User Profiles for each setting. I press the Menu button, and then the navigation dial to get to User Profiles, then choose my Video profile. I know it's not your single button press, but it's the quickest way I've found to be sure of getting the right settings for everything.

Unfortunately Leica's custom buttons, across all their digital bodies, rarely allows to assign a toggle function to a button (e.g. MF<>AF).

Edited by LocalHero1953

On 3/7/2023 at 6:50 PM, LocalHero1953 said:

I am unlikely to want to do a simple switch from Photo to Video - I want to go to a video set up with preferences for resolution, frame rate, video format etc. I would set up a User Profiles for each setting. I press the Menu button, and then the navigation dial to get to User Profiles, then choose my Video profile. I know it's not your single button press, but it's the quickest way I've found to be sure of getting the right settings for everything.

Unfortunately Leica's custom buttons, across all their digital bodies, rarely allows to assign a toggle function to a button (e.g. MF<>AF).

The quickest way for me is to set the click function on the rear wheel to choosing user profiles. A short click brings up the user profiles then turn the wheel to choose the one you want and click to confirm 

• Thanks 1

You can switch between modes with a left or right swipe on the screen, but I don't find it that reliable. For me, the separate video/photo modes on the Q2 are its worst feature - on my old Q I never once hit the wrong button, but with the Q2 I am often in the wrong mode.

• 1 month later...