Hi from France! 🥖

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone! 
I am Guilhem, a new member from France and here is a little bit more information about myself and my photography journey. 
I fell in love with darkroom printing when I got introduced to it at a summer camp when I was 8-9 years old. From there, I always kept a fascination for analog photography and tried to do some of it as a young adult, with an almost falling into pieces Pentax Spotmatic. I then went into medium format because the cameras were looking sick (I was young, please excuse this kind of superficial consideration). But I never got really good results and ended up putting everything in a closet. 
A year and a half ago though, about to become a father for the first time, I decided to take my cameras out of the closet and dive deeply into photography this time, thinking it would be an awesome way to document our new family life. I went to a club in my city to meet people and use the lab they had there. The smell of chemicals took me way back! 
I made some pretty good progress this time and decided to treat myself with a Leica M5 about four month ago (I know, not the most popular choice but I love its features!). It became my camera of choice and my medium format is taking dust again.

What inspires me in photography? Street photography, documentary, landscape and architecture mostly. 
Why did I come to this forum? Obviously as a Leica owner, we enter a special club. I wanted to have connection with other owners and get advices on how to take care of this wonderful machinery. 

Thanks all!

• Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Guilhem DPPA:

Hello everyone! 
I am Guilhem, a new member from France and here is a little bit more information about myself and my photography journey. 
I fell in love with darkroom printing when I got introduced to it at a summer camp when I was 8-9 years old. From there, I always kept a fascination for analog photography and tried to do some of it as a young adult, with an almost falling into pieces Pentax Spotmatic. I then went into medium format because the cameras were looking sick (I was young, please excuse this kind of superficial consideration). But I never got really good results and ended up putting everything in a closet. 
A year and a half ago though, about to become a father for the first time, I decided to take my cameras out of the closet and dive deeply into photography this time, thinking it would be an awesome way to document our new family life. I went to a club in my city to meet people and use the lab they had there. The smell of chemicals took me way back! 
I made some pretty good progress this time and decided to treat myself with a Leica M5 about four month ago (I know, not the most popular choice but I love its features!). It became my camera of choice and my medium format is taking dust again.

What inspires me in photography? Street photography, documentary, landscape and architecture mostly. 
Why did I come to this forum? Obviously as a Leica owner, we enter a special club. I wanted to have connection with other owners and get advices on how to take care of this wonderful machinery. 

Thanks all!

Bonjour et bienvenu

Siggi