Leica M11 Firmware 1.6.1 is available

SrMi

1 hour ago, Mikko Kankainen said:

I got a freeze 2 days ago with this newest firmware.

Froze when reviewing image, cannot take a shot, cannot shutdown, only playback menu works, so not frozen but had to take the battery out to continue shooting. Here's a video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/acjwwbacwdmoy3y/IMG_0014.mov?dl=0

I have 2-3 times freeze exactly like yours with the latest firmware. Interestingly it never happened before with 1.6 firmware.

But I formatted SD card and internal memory again, and then reset the camera (it didn't reset itself with 1.6.1 firmware update, unlike before). And the freeze hasn't happened yet. We will see.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Warton said:

You can take 1650 pictures on a single battery? That's impressive. Maybe you don't playback the pictures and/or play around with lcd too much?

My use of the M11 requires minimal battery power so I usually get over 1200 shots on a single charge and 1500 is not uncommon when I'm shooting fast, like a lively demonstration.  I use a digital M much like film M camera, with some perks.  My LCD is rarely on as I don't use LV or chimp much or change menu settings.  Auto Review is turned off.  I use Aperture and WB, and sometimes ISO and shutter speed.  The little button is set to do gray card WB and I carry a small WhiBal card in my pocket.  Camera sleeps after 2 minutes of inactivity and is never turned off (other than lens change).

• Like 4

Today I got a freeze issue.. after turning on my camera a tried to shoot a photo but the camera freeze and at the back the red light was on but there were no frame lines inside the viewfinder.. I turned off the camera then turned on but it was still the same.. after a minute the camera turned on itself.. but the camera was set to factory settings .. so this seems the latest firmware didn’t work well .. 

vor 21 Stunden schrieb ELAN:

My use of the M11 requires minimal battery power so I usually get over 1200 shots on a single charge and 1500 is not uncommon when I'm shooting fast

I must shoot faster than you do as I get easily 1'501 shots with one battery charge. Easily.