Leica M11 Firmware 1.6.1 is available

SrMi

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://leica-camera.com/en-US/photography/cameras/m/m11-black/technical-specs

ERROR CORRECTION
• An error that caused the device to freeze has been fixed.
• A cause for the sporadic occurrence of overexposure has been fixed.
• Additional bug fixes and performance improvements.

• Thanks 10

• LUF Admin changed the title to Leica M11 Firmware 1.6.1 is available

Another easy update with the Fotos app!

For the sake of benchmarks, here's what I saw during the update:

Approx. 90 seconds, from initiating the update at the phone until the White Progress Bar actually appeared on the progress screen on the camera.

Approx. 15 seconds (maybe like :17) for the White Progress Bar to advance most of the way across the progress screen in the camera, to something like 95%.

Then a long wait with no apparent change, just long enough that one might begin to wonder about the progress....

Then, Success! reported at approx. 3:45! So just under four minutes to do the whole thing...

Hope this helps folks doing the same thing...

Edited by DadDadDaddyo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just used the Fotos app as well. It was so convenient. It downloaded the new Firmware, connected to my M11, and then started the update progress. I had a lot of freeze with my Sandisk UHS-II 128GB Extreme Pro SD card, so I'm planning to test it out tomorrow.

Edited by Fatih
  • Like 2

Yes great. I agree.

And a new thing I imagine: At the end of the update there was just a black screen. And when I half pressed the release button the camera just woke up and was operational. Without ever saving my profiles they were all still here and workung fine.

57 minutes ago, DadDadDaddyo said:

Another easy update with the Fotos app!

For the sake of benchmarks, here's what I saw during the update:

Approx. 90 seconds, from initiating the update at the phone until the White Progress Bar actually appeared on the progress screen on the camera.

Approx. 15 seconds (maybe like :17) for the White Progress Bar to advance most of the way across the progress screen in the camera, to something like 95%.

Then a long wait with no apparent change, just long enough that one might begin to wonder about the progress....

Then, Success! reported at approx. 3:45! So just under four minutes to do the whole thing...

Hope this helps folks doing the same thing...

My update timings are close to yours.  

(Re)connecting the Fotos app to the M11 before I could start the update however....😒  It is still a trial and error process, ultimately mostly ending in having to remove the camera profile from the app and adding it again. I noticed today I also had an upgrade available that was still not installed on my SL2.  Did that after the M11.... and the same trial and error process with Fotos.  Disclaimer : I have 3 Leica camera's paired with the Fotos app and have experienced in the past that the app does not handle multi camera's very well.  Sorry for the rant in the wrong forum.

BUT !!! I definitely hope the freeze issues (I was lucky not to experience myself over the past 14 months of ownership) are a thing of the past for those who were affected.  And we all can enjoy our M11 !

Hopefully it fixes most bugging issues of all 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Interesting. I've got three cameras on the app as well, the M11, the M10M, and the SL2. 

It seems to handle the three alright from my perspective. There are a few other oddities in the app, however. For example, having to go into the apps menu to initiate a disconnect, rather than this being assigned to an on-screen button while connected. 

I recently made a feature request via the app's facility for requests. I asked for downloaded images to include a histogram. Agreeing with Reid's preferences for a three-color histogram, that's what I asked for (though I also said that, failing that, a single averaging histogram would still be a welcome addition. 

I received a cordial reply back within 24 hours. 

All in all, the firmware updates, and the company's responsiveness whenever I've connected them, are all contributors to my sense of confidence in Leica's commitment to its community. 

I was skeptical in the first place, but this overexposure issue annoyed me a lot so I decided to give it a try.

Went through the upgrade with no issues, the last 5% progress bar took more than 2 minutes, which probably would be the longest 2 minutes in my life.

Anyway, right after it's done, I found nothing lost unlike before. Every single piece of setting prior to the upgrade is preserved.

So I did a test for overexposure like this :

And I am happily reporting it's fixed!

Not sure about freeze yet since I haven't experienced too much lately. Will give time to see if it's stable.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, M11 for me said:

Was it not overexposure? 😁

I have always heard overexposure. 

Mike Evans at macfilos.com wrote it as underexposure, though.  Not sure why. 

Hopefully 1.6.1 will fix everything and we will enter a new and heretofore uncharted golden era of flawless M11 performance. 

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1