Film Shortage

lmans

On 3/10/2023 at 6:46 AM, Anbaric said:

I think if they were rebadging the Ilford films, they'd probably just remain silent. We already know that Kentmere 400 is different to HP5, and Kentmere is also a Harman brand, so the same factory is producing more than one traditional emulsion at that speed. Whether APX400 is currently Kentmere or something else again is another question. And I suppose we don't know if it's made to the same spec as the Fuji-produced version. Back when shops had their own brands, they would switch manufacturer without a change in branding - Jessops films were at one point made by Ferrania and then, I think, by Agfa, and I doubt they kept to the same formula. The brand owners just used whoever could supply them with good film of the same general type at the right price.

Fro those interested in the "details" surrounding these particular films as well as the mechanics of re-branding, an excellent (and detailed) thread on photo.com might be helpful: https://www.photrio.com/forum/threads/kentmere-100-400-spectral-sensitivity.196290/post-2628824

Some of the contributors in that discussion appear to be in the position of definitively knowing the details. 

Edited by Tom R
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Mike Rawcs said:

Is this colour film, Gerry? If so, where from - all I can find is Portra.

Mike

This conversation has moved a long way since then. I think the original posting was for all film in Australia.

Gerry

• Like 1

Fujichrome Provia 100F is about £20 a roll now, if you're lucky. Makes me nostalgic for these days:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

just saw this>

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, frame-it said:

just saw this>

Hopefully the increased demand for film will encourage more companies to re-introduce some of their products (Neopan400 please Fuji!) and prices will drop with the increased competition.

Gerry