Introducing myself as a new member

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All, I've been using rangefinders for about 5 years now and enjoying this forum for about 1 year.  I finally took the plunge to register as a user and with this message I hope to get myself out of "lurker" territory.  I've been into photography since grade school in the '70's  and have pursued it off and on since then.  I am currently putting the finishing touches on my darkroom and plan to begin processing and printing soon.  I have enjoyed Leica M2 and M3.  My interest and use of Barnack Leicas has parallelled my use of M cameras.  The Baranack's interest me as historical objects and I enjoy using equipment from the early days of 35mm photography.  I am currently using a lllF and my last gem was llD which I regret selling (familiar theme).  I have tried Leica Standard Model E but felt limited by lack of rangefinder.  I have injoyed the conversations here on the forums and look forward to learning and contributing in the future.

Thanks for being here and thank you for reading my 1st post here at the forum!  All the best, Bill  

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Bill. Greetings from Belgium! As a member, you will now see embedded pictures  without clicking them, which to me is essential for reading some threads.

One thing I regret is that many members do not list their location. It helps knowing in what time zone members are and sometimes approximate location is adding context to posts. On this occasion I would urge all members to at least list city or country were they are based.

Edited by dpitt
  • Like 1

Hi there. I'm (relatively) new here myself if post count is any indicator. Having been involved in many photo forums, boards, sites and groups over the years, this is definitely one of the friendlier ones in my experience. Although I don't read every separate forum, of the ones I do take part in there is often a pleasing lack of egotism and belligerence compared to certain other places (coughPetaPixelcough). 

I find that Leica users have a particular kind of enthusiasm for their cameras which generally translates into good conversations and threads. Hope you enjoy participating.