Leica S body cap

Jandevries

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I received an used Leica S 007 body today. The bodycap seems to be a bit loose. Do any of you know if this is normal? Is this the same with your S camera? My lens will be here next week so I can’t test it yet. 
But I hope there is nothing wrong with the mount? Hope someone can ease my mind.

2 hours ago, Jandevries said:

Hello,

I received an used Leica S 007 body today. The bodycap seems to be a bit loose. Do any of you know if this is normal? Is this the same with your S camera? My lens will be here next week so I can’t test it yet. 
But I hope there is nothing wrong with the mount? Hope someone can ease my mind.

The body caps I have are tightly locked to the mount. But since the body cap is made of plastic, I would thend to think that the looseness is linked to the latter. 

• Like 1

Difficult to say with any certainty where the poor fit originates.  My S caps are tight however I've experienced loose caps with M and R bodies.  The caps were the issue in all cases. 

The S mount is very robust, it would be unusual for it to be the source.  There's no posts that I recall with this issue.  

• Like 2