New M6 article by Jono.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Never said what you are implying....  But what I am saying is that what "Jona' is saying differs from what Has has said. This shouldn't be a topic which evolves around Hus and only the world of Hus.... Regardless of what Leica (pressure plate)has said for that does take up a certain % (who knows what % ?) of the scratches but , Hus's issue doesn't apply to Jona's images, right? So I am trying to think beyond Hus.

For a moment, lets try to take Hus out of the equation and see what might be causing scratches such as what Jona might have or others on this forum who are or have dealt with scratches that go beyond the pressure plate, OR.....are you saying that all of the scratches including Jona's is due to the pressure plate? 

Edited by lmans

1 hour ago, lmans said:

Hus's issue doesn't apply to Jona's images, right?

.....are you saying that all of the scratches including Jona's is due to the pressure plate? 

Let's summarize the facts as we know them at this moment:

• Huss bought a new M6 from an early batch of cameras.
  • Huss's camera scratched his film.
  • Leica acknowledged that there was a defective batch of pressure plates, one of which was the cause of Huss's scratched film.
  • Jono bought a new M6 from an early batch of cameras.
  • Jono's camera scratched his film in what appears to be the same way as Huss's camera.

Given the above, I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that Huss's issue and Jono's issue are the same issue.  So, yes, I think it's fair to conclude that Jono's scratches are due a defective pressure plate in his camera.  Occam's razor, and all that...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, logan2z said:

• Leica acknowledged that there was a defective batch of pressure plates, one of which was the cause of Huss's scratched film.
  • Jono's camera scratched his film in what appears to be the same way as Huss's camera.

Given the above, I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that Huss's issue and Jono's issue are the same issue.  So, yes, I think it's fair to conclude that Jono's scratches are due a defective pressure plate in his camera.  Occam's razor, and all that...

Okay Logan, you limb is set.......rather than going with Jona's suggestion (who is not a novice at photography) who states that his issue evolves around scanning, you are pre-supposing that it reverts back to the pressure plate. But I was approaching this as if Jona knew what he was talking about and was offering some thoughts, given that.  

Now....none of us are wrong, either you or I.....for we both are looking at Jona's issue and either believing what he stated or not. 

1 minute ago, lmans said:

Okay Logan, you limb is set.......rather than going with Jona's suggestion (who is not a novice at photography) who states that his issue evolves around scanning, you are pre-supposing that it reverts back to the pressure plate. But I was approaching this as if Jona knew what he was talking about and was offering some thoughts, given that.  

Now....none of us are wrong, either you or I.....for we both are looking at Jona's issue and either believing what he stated or not. 

The latest images that Jono has posted were scanned by the lab that developed the negatives, and those scans indicate that the film is scratched.  So it's already been established that Jono's scanning experiments were not to blame for his scratched film.   Jono has confirmed this himself in an earlier post.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Huss said:

These two prints are going to clients.  They are printed at 24 inches by 36 inches, and are sharp.  And not a scratch in sight. The one on the left was taken with my beater M4-2, the one on the right with an MdA.   But the camera doesn't matter, as I print and sell similar taken with all sorts of other cameras.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Love the photographs, Huss.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 2:03 PM, tightsqueez said:

You seem to have a dysfunctional relationship with Leica. 

Spouse abuse counseling will help you more than anything. 

I do have a dysfunctional relationship with them.  It all started when I handed over thousands of dollars, and was handed a camera that could not do the most basic thing right.

• Like 1

Have we seen proof that Leica admitted to a bad batch of pressure plates? This forum is really good as taking a comment and turning it into gospel truth. It took about two days after the M6 was announced for the idea that Leica was making their own microchips to propagate across the forum. Funnily enough it was started by one of Jono's articles.

20 minutes ago, malligator said:

Have we seen proof that Leica admitted to a bad batch of pressure plates? This forum is really good as taking a comment and turning it into gospel truth. It took about two days after the M6 was announced for the idea that Leica was making their own microchips to propagate across the forum. Funnily enough it was started by one of Jono's articles.

Or you could read through the threads about it and make up your own mind. You don't sound like you believe it, so why not put in the time to read?

Just now, malligator said:

Barge? Meeting? Okay.

It's a simple yes or no question. No catch up needed.

Not doing the work for you, but I will point you to the most recent summary from @Huss. Basically Leica told him there was a bad batch of pressure plates. Problem is, Leica can't seem to fix it after replacing the pressure plate multiple times. So you decide. No one knows because Leica hasn't been able to fix the problem yet!

5 minutes ago, hdmesa said:

Not doing the work for you, but I will point you to the most recent summary from @Huss. Basically Leica told him there was a bad batch of pressure plates. Problem is, Leica can't seem to fix it after replacing the pressure plate multiple times. So you decide. No one knows because Leica hasn't been able to fix the problem yet!

I read this entire thread including that post. I had a question about it. I'm not sure what the issue is.

8 minutes ago, malligator said:

I read this entire thread including that post. I had a question about it. I'm not sure what the issue is.

You want @Huss to send you screenshots of his emails with Leica or something? You're wondering if this is all a big conspiracy? 😂

"Ok" indeed.

On 2/28/2023 at 3:12 AM, logan2z said:

What puzzles me is the fact that there have been reports of MPs scratching films going back to at least 2014 so the theory that it is a bad batch of pressure plates is, perhaps?, a little suspicious. Also does the defective batch claim come from from Leica Wetzlar or Leica NJ ?

16 minutes ago, Matlock said:

Also does the defective batch claim come from from Leica Wetzlar or Leica NJ ?

That's a good question.  AFAIK, @Husshas only been in contact with Leica NJ up to this point.  I guess it's possible that NJ has discussed the issue with Wetzlar and the 'defective batch' claim came from the mother ship, but I don't really know.

• Like 2