Any way to turn off the live view on the M11?

cozmopak

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/25/2023 at 1:46 PM, Warton said:

What you described is the effect of assigning “focus aid” to that little button and I’m using it now. My biggest problem with it is I cannot turn off LV quickly by pressing that little button again.

again I try to avoid use LV as much as possible that’s why turning off LV quickly is more than important to me than zooming/focusing conveniently 

What I love is that you have the versatility to set it up either way based on your personal preference.  I personally love having this button set to LV and focus ring magnification when manually focusing.  I like the other option of setting this button to "focus aid" but wish there was a way to use this same button to turn of LV as going to the menu is not convenient / fluid work flow.  But again, each of us gets to choose.

Edited by LikameLeica

I sent my camera to no magnification on lens turn, it was waisting time where is was going so zoomed in and then focusing.

Setting the wheel to zoom helps to focus most lenses when you needed. In most case i get to the ballpark and move an ice back and forward  to find focus on subject in full view.

The pressed wheel setting to compensation works well too.

Most of the time I use rangefinder to focus and frame and use the little nutton to turn on off LV.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 6:33 PM, Photoworks said:

I sent my camera to no magnification on lens turn, it was waisting time where is was going so zoomed in and then focusing.

Setting the wheel to zoom helps to focus most lenses when you needed. In most case i get to the ballpark and move an ice back and forward  to find focus on subject in full view.

The pressed wheel setting to compensation works well too.

Most of the time I use rangefinder to focus and frame and use the little nutton to turn on off LV.

I'm quite sure we have the zoom set up the same way. I found it annoying to have to change focus to zoom in when the focus probably only needed a slight tweak or verified. Having full manual control over when it zooms in or out feels much better to me. 

4 hours ago, IzelPhotography said:

I'm quite sure we have the zoom set up the same way. I found it annoying to have to change focus to zoom in when the focus probably only needed a slight tweak or verified. Having full manual control over when it zooms in or out feels much better to me. 

You probably have it set up to Focus Aid

Digital zoom will crop the image in just like in Q2 cameras.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, Photoworks said:

You probably have it set up to Focus Aid

Digital zoom will crop the image in just like in Q2 cameras.

Quite right... that's what I was trying to say but confused matters by saying zoom in. Effectively, I was having to change focus to make the magnification function start so it would zoom into the area I was focusing on. Now I just use the directional keypad to move the spot then use the wheel on the thump grip to magnify the focus point. 

3 hours ago, geesbert said:

use the thumb wheel button for focus aid and the little button for LV. so with one thumb push you can zoom in and with an index finger push you can switch LV off

When I had my M11 I have set her exactly the same way... 
It is very convenient and fast way to use LW and focus assist...

I also had set the FN button to be for the ISO change...
Somehow I find the ISO setting per the the ISO wheel not very practical,
it is to “sticky“  and hard to change if you need to do this fast...

I had ISO wheel set to M and adjust the ISO range in the menu from ISO 64
to the ISO 12500... Just press the FN function button and it is easy and fast
to change the ISO per thumb wheel, touch screen or directional keypad...

For everything else I have menu...

Nikola

11 hours ago, LEGEND said:

When I had my M11 I have set her exactly the same way... 
It is very convenient and fast way to use LW and focus assist...

I also had set the FN button to be for the ISO change...
Somehow I find the ISO setting per the the ISO wheel not very practical,
it is to “sticky“  and hard to change if you need to do this fast...

I had ISO wheel set to M and adjust the ISO range in the menu from ISO 64
to the ISO 12500... Just press the FN function button and it is easy and fast
to change the ISO per thumb wheel, touch screen or directional keypad...

For everything else I have menu...

Nikola

I have to disagree. With the little button beside the shutter button to be focus aid and the FN button to be iso, how do you turn off the LV.

I need to turn off the LV with one click

24 minutes ago, Warton said:

I have to disagree. With the little button beside the shutter button to be focus aid and the FN button to be iso, how do you turn off the LV.

I had my M11 for 8 months and than I sold her and changed back to SL2-S so I don't remember everything exactly...
Try by pressing the shutter button , make a picture... I think this will shut the LV off if you turned on the focus aid...

Look what Geesbert said “use the thumb wheel button for focus aid and the little button for LV. so with one thumb push you can zoom in and with an index finger push you can switch LV off“

By pressing the thumb wheel button to activate focus aid and adjust it and with index finger you can switch off the LV...
That way you have left FN button near the LCD screen for setting the ISO if you want...

Don't have the camera now to confirm this...
I am sorry if I made some confusion about this...

Nikola

4 hours ago, Warton said:

I use Fn button to turn LV on/off.

38 minutes ago, Warton said:

What I replied is the fact that FN set to something else other than live view.

With the little button beside the shutter button to be focus aid and the FN button to be iso…….

OK but the little button and the FN button are not the only function buttons are they. I just press the thumb wheel personally. I don't see any issue but i may be missing something.

• 2 weeks later...