Misaligned frame counter M7

kroko

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I recently got a good deal on an M7 at a Leica Dealer. There was supposedly a recent in house service and I didnt notice it in the store but when I was putting through my first roll I noticed that the frame counter is misaligned and the needle indicating is between the lines. However it only occurs for the first 8 frames then it somehow corrects itself and works flawlessly up until frame 37.

It isnt a big thing and I really dont want to wait 6 months for a repair, however it is kind of annoying on such an expensive camera. Obviously it is a 20 year old camera and therefore is allowed to be in used condition but shouldn't something like this be fixed during a service?

I have one year warranty but I'm not sure if something like this is covered by it so I wanted to ask here if it is something that is common with the M7 or if you would even consider a defect or more akin to a scratch.

I would attach a picture but unfortunately my current roll is past frame 8 😉

I have two M7s and I think they may both be like that.  I'm picky but even that is too little of a thing for me to want to deal with.  For me as long as I know about how many shots I've taken, and about how many are left, I'm good.

8 hours ago, kroko said:

It isnt a big thing and I really dont want to wait 6 months for a repair, however it is kind of annoying on such an expensive camera. Obviously it is a 20 year old camera and therefore is allowed to be in used condition but shouldn't something like this be fixed during a service?

Seriously?

But I can imagine it's a PITA if you've gone out and bought a ten-pack of eight exposure Tri-X. 

• Haha 5