How different is the M10r in monochrome mode from the M10 monochrome camera?

MEC

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A skilled editor and with time can approximate an M10M with an M10R image (I have both cameras), but amplified, the M10M has more detail and sharpness.  The images of the M10M right out of the camera are really special, and as others have stated, the high ISO performance is amazing.   The final aspect is that when taking an M10M, it tends to encourage a B&W mindset and intentionality around thinking about tonality without internalizing color.  

If I had to sell one of my two cameras, it would probably be the M10R (which I really really appreciate), and hang on to the M10M.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John Miranda said:

A skilled editor and with time can approximate an M10M with an M10R image (I have both cameras), but amplified, the M10M has more detail and sharpness.  The images of the M10M right out of the camera are really special, and as others have stated, the high ISO performance is amazing.   The final aspect is that when taking an M10M, it tends to encourage a B&W mindset and intentionality around thinking about tonality without internalizing color.  

If I had to sell one of my two cameras, it would probably be the M10R (which I really really appreciate), and hang on to the M10M.

Like John I have both the M10M and M10-R and his comments reflect my thoughts exactly. I also second the recommendation of dbeids to subscribe and read the M10M, M10-R & M11 comparison articles by Reid Reviews. These articles will help give you good grounding for your purchase decision.

Edited by goodbokeh
Added thought.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1