Shueido Repaint Impressions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/31/2023 at 5:18 AM, grahamc said:

I'm not the biggest fan of the very shiny piano black used on MP and M10-R.     (All things being equal I'm more drawn to the more matte finish of M4 black paint). 

But I am re-painting a lens to match my black MP, so I think Kanto 'gloss black' will be the one to go for . 

I own two lenses repainted by Kanto camera. I found the below 50 rigid second hand and liked it so much that I later sent a 35mm cron v1 to make a pair. Took almost 1.5 year but I really like the results. 

Hope this helps!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aryel said:

I own two lenses repainted by Kanto camera. I found the below 50 rigid second hand and liked it so much that I later sent a 35mm cron v1 to make a pair. Took almost 1.5 year but I really like the results. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot Aryel, looks great !  Do you know if this (or your other repainted lens) is the 'standard Kanto gloss black ' ?    

28 minutes ago, grahamc said:

Thanks a lot Aryel, looks great !  Do you know if this (or your other repainted lens) is the 'standard Kanto gloss black ' ?    

Sorry, checked the email and nothing… I asked them to repaint it in the same way as the rigid. I’ll drop them an email later today (I also want to know as I’d like to get a camera repainted at some point). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aryel said:

Sorry, checked the email and nothing… I asked them to repaint it in the same way as the rigid. I’ll drop them an email later today (I also want to know as I’d like to get a camera repainted at some point). 

Great, thanks very much.  

7 hours ago, Aryel said:

Hope this helps!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That looks great!

• Like 1