X price rising?

Einst_Stein

Indeed it seems higher. The same with other (digital) bodies. Even the Digilux 2 is now 50% more than it used to be. If you sell and buy an other good used Leica body you will probably not loose much. I wish I still had my M6 and M6 TTL now 🙂

Indeed I also think it seems higher. In Sweden, I managed to buy X1 a used one with OVF and hand grip for 250 euros, I just noticed that one without box and only OVF went for over 400 euro on an Swedish Ebay-similar site with bidding. Great little camera, Which I had the typ 113.

I sold my X, big mistake. Now I want to find a light goo camera for a long walking trip. Realize how perfect a X1/X2/X113 will be.

I found 35mm equivalent focal length is perfect for travel, especially when not sure what scene to encounter yet.  Better than 28mm equivalent ( for me, 28mm much more likely to require cropping).

X1/X2 are lighter and smaller, but X 113 can have GPS (with EVF). Not sure I should byte the bullet yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

"Less is more".

I recall when the X2 was announced, many X1 users still preferred their X1's imaging to that of their newly acquired X2. 

The fact that in the UK there is now an independent and very experienced Leica X series technician willing and able to offer servicing and repair has likely boosted demand and thus s/h prices. 

Am 3.3.2023 um 05:12 schrieb dkCambridgeshire:

"Less is more".

I recall when the X2 was announced, many X1 users still preferred their X1's imaging to that of their newly acquired X2. 

The fact that in the UK there is now an independent and very experienced Leica X series technician willing and able to offer servicing and repair has likely boosted demand and thus s/h prices. 

Could you please give us his contact details? 

Thank you kindly, Dunk!

Best regards,

Simon

Am 3.3.2023 um 19:47 schrieb Sparkassenkunde:

Prices for some older cameras seems to be stable or increasing recently. Sold my heavily unused Fujifilm X100F two weeks ago and was surprised to get more than I paid almost four years ago.

Good for you 🙂 However, for the past year or so new X100Vs were out-of-stock most of the time, so this can also influence prices of used gear. 

• 1 month later...

Rising prices reason is obvious. 

LCAG doesn't make, sell new APS-C cameras anymore.

And if you want Germany made Leica traditional controls, non-antique :) but your budget is low?

Here is nothing but X series matching this criteria.

BTW, with X100V not accepted even on waiting list and GRIII been out of stock as well, LCAG could easily make some money with fancy X series return.

Based on X100V, GRIII success it seems consumers are more into good looking P&S now, not something TLish. 

For sure, I'm not alone who thinks of X1/X2 as most nice digital P&S ever made. :)

• Like 4