Cart vs. Horse

Daniel Ortego

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As usual, you’re perspective is right on target and easy to digest. I practically ordered the 50-lux’ as I read your post. BTW: I enjoyed your comments regarding the A&A “Image Smith” bag.

Thanks,:o

Daniel i have been around the block many times on this stuff with many systems and honestly it was not all pleasant or cost effective. Do as I say but don't do as i did is a something that we heard before. LOL

I have made some bad decisions in this area and if it helps someone save themselves from that path all the better.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guy_mancuso

Well you can always buy this lens new , should be easy to find, maybe but look around you may spot a good used one also. Some of my favorite places, not in order

camerawest: Home

The Photo Village, Inc.

Dale Laboratories Call David

PopFlash.Photo

Fogg Camera Bags

KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More.

B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders

Plus the buy and sell forums out there and here . Plus other places to long to list even Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera has used gear . Just look around

Daniel, I'd try to find a dealer who will let you have a play with a Nocti before buying one. It's a great lens, but personally I wouldn't want it as my only 50mm. It's not so much that it's difficult to focus at f1 - which it is - or the weight, <grin>

No, its the weight. That's one big mother of a lens. Throws the camera out of balance.

I like things light. My M8 w/21/35/90 weighs in at 3.3 pounds. Add two extra batteries, filters, finder and bag and I'm still well under 5 pounds. Light, and fast to get to, and shoot. A M8 w 28/2 and 50/1.4 would be even lighter (but heavier on the check book).

A M8 w28/2 and 50/1 is almost half the price of a new C class or 4/5 ths of a new Harley and you will want more lenses. You must have an understanding wife or have gotten out of realestate before the bubble burst.:p

Tom