These just arrived

hepcat

Advertisement (gone after registration)

From Montreal today, UPS!  I don't believe they've ever been used!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, TomB_tx said:

Very nice! I bought that bellows and the short bellows-mount version of the 100 macro Elmar in about 1969-70, and it can do great work. Mine still looks new: I guess I haven't used it enough!

It's kinda hard to wear a bellows out unless you're beating them day in and day out though.  ;)

49 minutes ago, Lux50 said:

Beautiful condition, looks like they are right out of the box!

As I am "frugal" and never had the money to buy any of this new "in the day," this is probably the closest to new anything I've ever owned with "E. Leitz" or "Leica" engraved on it.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Great! Now, go and use it to bits 🙂
I have the short one with bellows, and a normal mount. The normal mount gets out more often.
Results are very goo with both. I do not have the APO macro, unless you count my Macro-Elmar M 90, but it gets very close.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dpitt said:

Great! Now, go and use it to bits 🙂
I have the short one with bellows, and a normal mount. The normal mount gets out more often.
Results are very goo with both. I do not have the APO macro, unless you count my Macro-Elmar M 90, but it gets very close.

It's going to become my negative digitizing setup on my old copy stand and using my light box and enlarger negative carriers.  I'm tired of scanning with my Epson V600.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AZN said:

You will probably find the 100mm a bit long for this.  The 60mm Macro-Elmar may work better.  YMMV of course!

I have a Hexanon 55mm macro I can put into play if necessary.  ;)   I prefer the 100mm focal length for most things.  I have the Sigma 150 f/2.8 OS macro as well.

On 1/24/2023 at 6:46 PM, hepcat said:

From Montreal today, UPS!  I don't believe they've ever been used!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

A true 'work of art' and precision. Have fun with it!

Edited by bherman01545
  • Like 1

Good luck with it, Roger! 

I have the same Leitz Focusing Bellows-R and Macro-Elmar-R 100mm f/4 set. It's a very good lens, but for 35mm negative copy I prefer a shorter focal length. The Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm does very well, but my old single cam Summicron-R 50mm f/2 does even better for higher magnification needs (like when I'm doing Minox negative copy) because it has a bit flatter field and handles extreme magnifications (up to 3:1) better. 

Which reminds me: I need to send my Summicron-R 50mm off for a CLA...

G

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ramarren said:

Good luck with it, Roger! 

I have the same Leitz Focusing Bellows-R and Macro-Elmar-R 100mm f/4 set. It's a very good lens, but for 35mm negative copy I prefer a shorter focal length. The Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm does very well, but my old single cam Summicron-R 50mm f/2 does even better for higher magnification needs (like when I'm doing Minox negative copy) because it has a bit flatter field and handles extreme magnifications (up to 3:1) better. 

Which reminds me: I need to send my Summicron-R 50mm off for a CLA...

G

Could you please post a photo and details of your setup for 35mm negative copy using the 50/2, and any comments or caveats on obtaining satisfactory results. 
Thanks in anticipation :)

J

21 hours ago, Mute-on said:

Could you please post a photo and details of your setup for 35mm negative copy using the 50/2, and any comments or caveats on obtaining satisfactory results. 
Thanks in anticipation :)

J

Hello J, 

Sorry, i'm not going to get to this today. I'm a bit under the weather and running low on energy. I'll try to get to it tomorrow. 

best, G

• Like 1