Q2 Monochrom Reporter production query

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey team, 

M11 / Q2 Monochrom Reporter user here. I don't know if anyone has any info on how many they produced of the Q2 Monochrom Reporter but I thought it could be worth asking. 

In the UK they've not had any stock at Leica for a while and all retailers have removed the Monochrom Reporter from their sites. Still plenty of the colour version are kicking around. 

Did anyone hear any figures or have a rough idea? Thanks in advance, Jack 

Just a quick update for anyone looking for info: 

Leica confirmed initial figures were 350 and production went slightly over this. I’m awaiting a final number from LeicaUK. 

Leica has stopped production on the Q2 Monochrom Reporter and all retailers have removed this model from their websites. 

Edited by Jack Harding

• 2 months later...

Hello Jack,

thanks for the info. Looks like the Q2 Monochrom Reporter could be a real collectors piece.
I was lucky to get one last year, like the camera but not 100% happy, as the lens is a bit too wide for me. 35mm and it would be perfect for me.
Thinking about getting an M Monochrom instead.

4 hours ago, Le Chef said:

The easiest thing to do in the field is take two strides forward, and crop in post if you want to.

I got your angle, but I'm kind of dogmatic with my approach to the street. I mostly shoot from the hip and don't crop my pics. It's a lot about intuition, flow, chance and the 35mm view seems to work better for me. The 28mm is a great lens, but has a different character.
There were rumors that the Q3 might come with a 35mm at some point. I would instantly sign up for it.