Will you buy the Voigtlander 75mm F1.9?

chm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone buying the recently announced Voigtlander 75mm lens? Since I am very interested in this lens, I would like to pre-order it.

That's because despite the 75mm focal length, the minimum focus distance is only 50cm. It also has an aperture of F2, but weighs only 290g. There is no modern lens lighter than this 75mm lens.

Does anyone have the same opinion as me?

Buy? Well, maybe, but only if its performance is amazing, in some specific way. I already have the threaded-mount Voigtlander 75mm f/2.5, and the Zeiss ZM 85mm f/4 Tele-Tessar, which I rarely use. I am struggling to focus with my APO Summicron-M 75mm ASPH, using the rangefinder, with my aging eyes, but I can still nail focus quickly with 50mm, 35mm, and wider-angle lenses.

It is not that I have anything against Cosina/Voigtlander. I am really enjoying the 21mm f/1.4 and 50mm f/1.0 VM Noktons, that I acquired in 2022. I acquired them for specific reasons. I like that Cosina makes both modern and “character” lenses. My next VM lens might be one of those with “character.”

Edited by RexGig0