m10 to m11?

cesc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 minute ago, jakontil said:

I think framelines invisible when wearing glasses, viewing angle issue

28mm are hard to see all at the same time inside the VF with glasses. I can see 35mm only ( I wear scratched glasses because of my old Ms...)

1 minute ago, cesc said:

28mm are hard to see all at the same time inside the VF with glasses. I can see 35mm only ( I wear scratched glasses because of my old Ms...)

I wear glasses too and i have a golden contrast lens attached to the OVF, it makes it even harder to reach out for the 35mm, not to mention 28mm framelines…

most of my works are portrait though and most of my composition are guesstimates 

• Like 1

My specific issues are sometimes framelines, though I don’t mind too much having to “look around” some to see them, especially since you get a feel for it anyway after while and you don’t have to frame like right the edge all the time people :) More sometimes focus can be a little tough, but what drives me nuts is squishing my face up there I get my glasses filthy (it doesn’t help that I have quite long eyelashes). And if I backed off then everything becomes an issue. My current inclination is to go back to wearing contacts, but since now-a-days I can’t see both far and near with contacts, maybe a diopter to make up for it. And squint at the menus, lol. Or reading glasses for the menu. Or find an optician that can correctly get me high difference multi-focal contacts (I’ve exceeded the regular +1.25 types, I need more)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrPaulK said:

My specific issues are sometimes framelines, though I don’t mind too much having to “look around” some to see them, especially since you get a feel for it anyway after while and you don’t have to frame like right the edge all the time people :) More sometimes focus can be a little tough, but what drives me nuts is squishing my face up there I get my glasses filthy (it doesn’t help that I have quite long eyelashes). And if I backed off then everything becomes an issue. My current inclination is to go back to wearing contacts, but since now-a-days I can’t see both far and near with contacts, maybe a diopter to make up for it. And squint at the menus, lol. Or reading glasses for the menu. Or find an optician that can correctly get me high difference multi-focal contacts (I’ve exceeded the regular +1.25 types, I need more)

Thin, flexible frames can help if your prescription permits. I always carry a microfiber cloth to clean the camera windows and, if necessary, my glasses.  I wear prescription sunglasses in daylight due to light sensitivity and to correct for both astigmatism and distance.  And now, with aging eyes, I achieve better focus by adding a +.5 diopter to the VF along with my glasses.  This works well for me, after 35 years with different M bodies. Preferences and needs vary; best to experiment.

Jeff

9 hours ago, jqian6 said:

Doesn't matter you wear glasses or not, 28mm fameline is never easy to see. Especially the right side vertical line, I have to tilt my head way to the left to find.

I just don't bother with framelines when shooting 28mm, it's all by estimate and guess.

Without the glass it’s more visible that’s all im saying