Which 90mm lens is the lightest?

chm

I agree, the macro 90mm f4 is about the same size as my 50mm Summicron when not extended. I am on my second one, having lost my first, and both are very sharp, beautiful lenses. That it is f4 really is not a problem with today's wonderful high ISO availability. And with the macro adaptor it will give 1:2 close up. One needs to use liveview or Visoflex for that feature. I think it is a wonderful and useful lens which takes up very little space. 

26 minutes ago, GFW2-SCUSA said:

I agree, the macro 90mm f4 is about the same size as my 50mm Summicron when not extended. I am on my second one, having lost my first, and both are very sharp, beautiful lenses. That it is f4 really is not a problem with today's wonderful high ISO availability. And with the macro adaptor it will give 1:2 close up. One needs to use liveview or Visoflex for that feature. I think it is a wonderful and useful lens which takes up very little space. 

+1
Wow! It is the one lens I would never want to lose. IMO it is not only the lightest and smallest but also the best by a wide margin. Maybe the 90mm f/2 ASPH Apo-Summicron-M is the only 90 M that can keep up with it.

36 minutes ago, GFW2-SCUSA said:

I have the old thin tele-elmarit 90mm f2.8. It is tiny and very light. Is the new 90 f4 macro lighter yet?

I find the tele-elmarit is an okay lens, but it's not great. It flares very easily. No doubt the modern lens is better but the thin tele-elmarits can be found pretty cheap.