I have the distinct feeling I'm being watched!

stuny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hirschorn Museum, Washington DC, with wraps covering external construction - Q

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

22 hours ago, Louis said:

I have never seen this building being covered; maybe it was because of the cold! lol

i hope you had fun in my old playground! ;) 

We always have fun in the District, and as soon as we leave, they open something else we want to see. Some of the things new to us on this visit were Eisenhower Monument, Einstein Monument, The partly completed WWI monument (Based on a story in Smithsonian Magazine, it will be stunning), the National Museum of African American Arts and Culture, the Renwick Gallery, and Dunbarton.

The Hirschorn was undergoing a total exterior renovation - Hence the covers and a circuitous way to get in.

• Like 1

The celebration of the historical figures and events are very important and interesting for the tourists in a capital city;  but most specially very educational for children. But I always hope right peopLe are chosen to execute the projects for the right people. 
My father in law who was a vet of Korean War was very disappointed of the “style” of the monument; and I had an African American friend in the Capitol who was always criticizing the statute of MLK, for looking more like a Chinese man than MLK! As for myself, I was very excited for the Africa museum style and construction , but found it was not at right environment. When it was finished, the empty and cold places of the interior disappointed me much. I had the same feeling for the Native American museum that has an attractive building but badly managed inside!…. I am sure there are many more interesting, important and spectacular objects that could complete this kind of Monuments.

• Like 1