What does the almighty AI think of Leica M lenses

Al Brown

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have asked the ChatGPT AI bot to describe Leica M lenses with precision. Here is what it wrote. Lots of solid facts, some complete nonsense.

"Leica M lenses are widely considered some of the best and most sought-after lenses in
the photography world. These lenses are designed and crafted by Leica, a German
company with a long history of producing high-quality optics. In this essay, we will explore
the key features and benefits of Leica M lenses and why they are so highly valued by
photographers.
One of the most notable features of Leica M lenses is their exceptional image quality.
These lenses are made with the highest-quality materials and are constructed with
precise tolerances, which results in sharp, clear images with minimal distortion. The
lenses are also designed to produce beautiful bokeh, which gives photos a dreamy, out-
of-focus background that can add depth and dimension to your shots. This is especially
important for portrait and street photographers who want to isolate their subject from the
background.
Another great feature of Leica M lenses is their compact and lightweight design. These
lenses are perfect for photographers who want to travel light and don't want to lug around
heavy equipment. They also make it easy to quickly compose and shoot a photo, which
can be particularly useful for street photographers or other types of photographers who
need to move fast. The compact design of the lenses also makes them easy to handle and
provides a better grip while holding the camera.
Leica M lenses are also known for their durability. These lenses are built to last and are
designed to withstand the demands of professional use. They are also weather sealed,
making them ideal for photographers who shoot in inclement weather conditions. This
allows photographers to shoot in any weather condition without worrying about damaging
their equipment.
Another important aspect of Leica M lenses is their versatility. These lenses can be used
in a variety of photography styles and genres, from street photography to landscape,
portrait, and event photography. They are also compatible with a wide range of cameras,
including digital and film cameras. This allows photographers to use the same lens with
different cameras, making it a great investment.
In conclusion, Leica M lenses are some of the best lenses on the market, due to their
exceptional image quality, compact and lightweight design, durability, and versatility. They
are perfect for photographers of all levels who want to take their photography to the next
level. Whether you're a professional photographer or just starting out, a Leica M lens is a
great investment that will help you take your photography to the next level."

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Umm.. Leica lenses are not weather-sealed. :(.  They are only moderately moisture-resistant due to the precision of their manufacture. But you will look in vain for any bit of sealing - on each and every M lens... The bajonet-flange is particularly prone to water intrusion (no silicone rubber seal), reason that some photographers use a scrunchy to get a modicum of protection at that particular spot.

6 hours ago, jaapv said:

Umm.. Leica lenses are not weather-sealed. :(.  They are only moderately moisture-resistant due to the precision of their manufacture. But you will look in vain for any bit of sealing - on each and every M lens... The bajonet-flange is particularly prone to water intrusion (no silicone rubber seal), reason that some photographers use a scrunchy to get a modicum of protection at that particular spot.

Exactly. One of the blunders of modern computing.

Current AI's overuse of words to describe something is a big form of verbal smoke and serves as a means of masking the lack of understanding or knowledge on the topic. It stems from countless instances in real life, mostly corporate presentations (ant politics lol), where the speaker attempts to enforce a sense of authority and expertise through the (over)use of technical terms, without actually providing any valuable practical information. AI algorithms have definitely fallen prey to this pattern of behavior during their learning. The true challenge lies in the ability to "filter out the noise"...

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Al Brown said:

Current AI's overuse of words to describe something is a big form of verbal smoke and serves as a means of masking the lack of understanding or knowledge on the topic. It stems from countless instances in real life, mostly corporate presentations (ant politics lol), where the speaker attempts to enforce a sense of authority and expertise through the (over)use of technical terms, without actually providing any valuable practical information. AI algorithms have definitely fallen prey to this pattern of behavior during their learning. The true challenge lies in the ability to "filter out the noise"...

Very interesting point. I totally agree. Physics Forums have already imposed restrictions on the use of ChatGPT, for "physics problems cannot be dealt with verbally." 

1 hour ago, andybarton said:

"What does the almighty AI think of Leica M lenses?"

I thought that you were the mighty Al.

:)

Yes, the ubiquitous capital i and lowercase L blunder... I had the same thought as you when I saw my thread title from yesterday incorporated in the forum listing this morning...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andybarton said:

"What does the almighty AI think of Leica M lenses?"

I thought that you were the mighty Al.

:)

I did too. Seems like a very unfortunate thread title. Took me a while to realize that the OP was referring to Artificial Intelligence, not himself.

as for the bot's essay...it reads like so many other fan boy reviews. Nauseating Garbage.

Edited by BradS

20 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Maybe you could add two periods to the title (A.I.)

Jeff

It is unfortunately not how it's written (according to Oxford English Dictionary).

31 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

It is unfortunately not how it's written (according to Oxford English Dictionary).

Would have served you better nonetheless IMO.  I recognize the dilemma and would have written out the full word, at least parenthetically. Poetic license. Y.M.M.V. 

Jeff