Say, have usd5795 to spend...

Genoweffa

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What would you buy right now (before apparent prices going up?..think so..) if you had $ as per title?

1.SL2-S...has a rebate of usd1300 till feb7

2.Q2 Hodinkee

3.Q2 w/special package

4.Yet another lens?

5.Keep $, wait for Q3...$ probably more than current Q2

I do have Q2M, SL2 w/24-70, numerous zeiss ze lenses...some otus

Edited by Genoweffa

1 hour ago, lmans said:

As someone told me years ago… a camera is just a box to take photos….the lens does the rest.

Invest in a lens and don’t get sucked into buying the latest and greatest ‘box’ to take a photo. 

well, Q2 is the lens w/small box attached to it

Ten years? I think you are overstating it. True , while digital cameras might last ‘up to ten’, I bet the average consumer trades it in when the next model comes along. Q3…q4 etc…. All marketed to sound better/improved…. But really just a way to grab your $. 

If you want new… go for the MA… and keep it for life … or, grab a M3 or 2 or MP-4 n keep them for life too. 

24 minutes ago, lmans said:

Ten years? I think you are overstating it. True , while digital cameras might last ‘up to ten’, I bet the average consumer trades it in when the next model comes along. Q3…q4 etc…. All marketed to sound better/improved…. But really just a way to grab your $. 

If you want new… go for the MA… and keep it for life … or, grab a M3 or 2 or MP-4 n keep them for life too. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

1.this pic came from my 5D+Milvus 100M mm, camera model year 2005...so its pushing 18yrs; pic is reduced, edited raw to jpeg was ~8.5MB

2.MA..M#???...why?...we have to move on...can not be stuck on jazz from 50/60 forever...nothing wrong with that era, but there is plenty of great fresh jazz  

4 hours ago, Genoweffa said:

2.MA..M#???...why?...we have to move on...can not be stuck on jazz from 50/60 forever...nothing wrong with that era, but there is plenty of great fresh jazz  

The MA and the like ‘is’ the Music… jazz or whatever. Glad to see you hanging on with your digital after so many years, but film is where it is at.