Please advise: I'm looking for a wide-angle lens for my M10 R. Approximately18-22 mm would be good, doesn't have to be Leica, but can be like Wetzlar.

M Street Photographer

• 2 weeks later...

First day outside with the VC 21 .18 Ultron

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Its very good 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have these two which I occasionally use for interiors. For low light I use them with a tripod. A tabletop tripod and a Visoflex with my M10-P works well in places where large tripod are not allowed.

Quite pleased with them.

• Leica Super-Elmar M 21mm f/3.4 ASPH
  • Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5 III 

On 1/13/2023 at 2:34 AM, GFW2-SCUSA said:

I have and enjoy the Leica 21mm f 2.8 Elmarit which is not an expensive Leica lens, when you can find one. Leica Miami had a used one recently for $1,100. or thereabouts. It doesn't seem to be a very popular lens. I don't know why. 

It's a great lens, very underrated. It's a Mandler design and renders really nicely on modern sensors.

I have one which virtually lives on my M-P 240. Highly recommended.

Ernst

Yes, the Elmarit is very good, I knew that too. There was a financial limit for me because of the extremely low use per year. I also formulated that in my requirements. The VC was within this self-imposed limit, the Elmarit and other 21mm were not.
In my opinion, the VC doesn't have to hide either.

Now I have to get to know my VC even better, but I am already certain that it was the right decision for my applications.
And who knows, if I expand the use of a 21 mm more, then one day I may look around for an Elmarit, Zeiss or Summilux.
I once had an effect in the past Sony times with 24 mm. It was used to supplement WW 35 mm. It was a lot of fun and I used it more and more for street photography. But after a few months I got fed up with the 24mm and went back to the 50mm and 35mm, which eventually led to the sale of the 24mm.
So the VC 21 Ultron is a good start and I'll see where the path takes me.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2023 at 2:53 PM, M Street Photographer said:

Thank you, but I've made my decision and the delivery has already taken place. And 16 mm would be too wide for me.

Good choice. 

One thing... I have 25/4 and 21/4 from same manufacturer. I used those indoors with ... bw film. And f4 not really a problem for indoors even  on M-E 220. 

• Thanks 1