Leica lenses on Nikon Z

atournas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://nikonrumors.com/2023/01/09/just-announced-new-techart-tzm-02-leica-m-lens-to-nikon-z-camera-autofocus-adapter-version-ii.aspx/

Despite the advertised improvements, I still don't believe it to be a good idea for both members of that "marriage".

Edited by atournas
  • Like 1

Leica M lenses work fabulously on the Nikon Z9 as the focus peaking makes for incredibly quick and accurate photographs, in fact I can focus my M glass quite. bit faster on a Z9 than on my Leica M bodies which I have been shooting with for over 50 years. In fact I would pick the Nikon Z9 over a Leica SL or SL2 for my M glass. 

• Like 3

On the Z7 Leica M lenses are very fast to focus manually. And there is a fundamental dichotomy in the Techart adapter, if you need AF for speed then the Nikon Z lenses are even faster to focus and very, very impressive optically. So you don't really win.

4 hours ago, 250swb said:

On the Z7 Leica M lenses are very fast to focus manually. And there is a fundamental dichotomy in the Techart adapter, if you need AF for speed then the Nikon Z lenses are even faster to focus and very, very impressive optically. So you don't really win.

You win if you wish to have the Leica E58 F1 Noctilux or my original 1968 F 1.2 Noctilux's very unique renderings which no Nikon lens can remotely provide. I own the Z 58mm .95 Noct which is optically the finest lens I have ever shot with including every significant Hasselblad and Leica lens but it is manual focus and weighs over 4 pounds but it is a very different lens to the two original Leica Nocts. Having said that if the Z .95 Noct didn't weigh 'so' much it would be the ultimate lens as it is unbelievably sharp at .95 and has an out of focus rendering which makes the Leica 75 1.25 Noct seem like a toy in comparison, but at 2.2 Kilo's it is "heavy" so my E58 F1 Noct is a 1/4 of the weight. Depends on what your goals are but the original 1.2 or the first F1 Noctilux on the Nikon Z9 makes for a very reasonable package size wise, is very fast and accurate to focus and renders beautifully. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, insideline said:

You win if you wish to have the Leica E58 F1 Noctilux or my original 1968 F 1.2 Noctilux's very unique renderings which no Nikon lens can remotely provide. I own the Z 58mm .95 Noct which is optically the finest lens I have ever shot with including every significant Hasselblad and Leica lens but it is manual focus and weighs over 4 pounds but it is a very different lens to the two original Leica Nocts. Having said that if the Z .95 Noct didn't weigh 'so' much it would be the ultimate lens as it is unbelievably sharp at .95 and has an out of focus rendering which makes the Leica 75 1.25 Noct seem like a toy in comparison, but at 2.2 Kilo's it is "heavy" so my E58 F1 Noct is a 1/4 of the weight. Depends on what your goals are but the original 1.2 or the first F1 Noctilux on the Nikon Z9 makes for a very reasonable package size wise, is very fast and accurate to focus and renders beautifully. 

I guess they sold one then, now they just need creamy bokeh to come back into fashion and they’ll be millionaires. Meanwhile……

• Haha 2