Thumbs Up

popum

Advertisement (gone after registration)

"I sought an opinion on a question involving mechanics, stress and metallurgy from someone with exquisite knowledge of mechanics, stress and metallurgy. "

Vinay, you have harped on about the lack of science behind the product. In reality, you have all the science you need. Empirical testing. No reports of any failures to date. Therefore, is your argument invalid now? I fail to see how stress testing the TU for a very particular incident now can do anything to counter the findings of the many users that are happy with the product.

Now we can argue the toss about how disgraceful it is for the inventor to beta test his product on his customers but Microsoft and many other software vendors do exactly the same thing. How about the auto manufacturers bringing out the new improved model in hte next calendar year?

I'm guessing you're sticking with the orthopaedist with a masters in engineering?

Is this thread still alive? I have followed it from its start and after having read Vinay's arguments have placed an order for the Thumbs Up in spite of his scientific proof that it will destroy my M8.

As a member of the Leica Hysterical Society of America and after having had the pleasure:rolleyes: of reading many of Vinay's posts in this and other threads I would like to declare that Vinay is a pompous and pontifical idiot with serious insecurity problems.

Sorry - I meant Historical..........

Best,

Jan

Guest tummydoc
In reality, you have all the science you need. Empirical testing. No reports of any failures to date. Therefore, is your argument invalid now?

I have all the science you need. Therefore my argument is still valid and yours still remains invalid.

Guest tummydoc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would like to declare that Vinay is a pompous and pontifical idiot with serious insecurity problems.

I thought that this was a forum where intelligent adults were allowed to argue vehemently and passionately provided they remained civil, and that juvenile, schoolboy taunts and insults weren't to be tolerated. A pity if that's no longer true.

Gees Louise! It’s truly incredible how often I have to use Google to look up word and phrase definitions on this forum. True, I’m new to this venue or perhaps I wasn’t paying attention in my English class. No offense intended, it’s just that this forum has a lot of intellectual members with a robust culture for all things perfect. BTW: I actually like the idea of the Thumbs Up although it’s not on the top of my wish list.:rolleyes:

Regards,

As a member of the Leica Hysterical Society of America and after having had the pleasure:rolleyes: of reading many of Vinay's posts in this and other threads I would like to declare that Vinay is a pompous and pontifical idiot with serious insecurity problems.

Sorry - I meant Historical..........

Best,

Jan

Dear Sir,

Apparently, I'm just a rude 12 year old :rolleyes: but when I grow up I want to be as eloquent as you are!

I returned from Jamaica last night and found the Thumbs Up waiting for me. I put it on, went downstairs to take a few shots to try it out. The TU is out of this world. I have a PhotoEquip grip pre-ordered for the M8, but am wondering if I even need one now. This is a truly amazing addition to the M8. I no longer feel like it is going to slip from my grip as it was before without it. I have to rethink my stand on the grip now. Took the M8 out today for a thorough work out. I can tell you, that with the TU, I can shoot down to about 1/4 sec with a higher success rate than without it.

Good work Tim.

I see that Leica Fotografie International (latest issue, Nov.) have not only given Thumbs Up a very positive two-page review but liked it so much that they've decided to endorse it by selling it through their online shop

I received my first copy of the magazine today and noticed the review.

I'm sure we'll all join in congratulating Tim.

I received my first copy of the magazine today and noticed the review.

I'm sure we'll all join in congratulating Tim.

A most sincere thanks to you all !

What a fine project this has been. During the past week I shipped Thumbs Up to Singapore, Japan, Australia, Canada, Germany, UK, and Denmark as well as many states in the USA. Your keen interest, positive and critical comments are all noted and very much appreciated.

Tim Isaac

A most sincere thanks to you all !

What a fine project this has been. During the past week I shipped Thumbs Up to Singapore, Japan, Australia, Canada, Germany, UK, and Denmark as well as many states in the USA. Your keen interest, positive and critical comments are all noted and very much appreciated.

Tim Isaac

Tim,

As someone who tried TU before you manufactured same (pie, Tom A, June in Vancouver) there was little doubt it would be a winner. I apologize I have not been following your progress just to busy with work these days, etc. I do want two and need to know where to go to get an order in to you. Also, are you building and selling the decoder ring... another brilliant idea.

All the best. Terry.

I 've found the Thumbs Up to be terrific. I use it on the M8 and also on my BP M6TTL LHSA camera. The black gloss fits in perfectly with the M6TTL, as does the design and feel when added to the TA Rapidwinder and Rapidgrip. All in all, a very nice feel for holding that camera, especially with my BP Nikkor 85/2 attached. Tim's quality is right up there with Tom A.'s.

I am indeed [i.e. a collector], and it is the likes of me to whom the small enclave of "actual users" owes an extreme debt of gratitude for having kept their precious icon afloat all these years after the bulk of the professional photographic community left it behind.

Vinay - Good joke. Maybe your best one yet. There is another viewpoint whereby Leica were heading for the walls of bankruptcy serving the pointless obsessions of the wretched display cabinet brigade. Thank heavens they realised just in time that the company worked most effectively as a maker of fine equipment to be used by photographers rather than as a production line for whimsical trinket collectors.

.............. Chris

Vinay - Good joke. Maybe your best one yet. There is another viewpoint whereby Leica were heading for the walls of bankruptcy serving the pointless obsessions of the wretched display cabinet brigade. Thank heavens they realised just in time that the company worked most effectively as a maker of fine equipment to be used by photographers rather than as a production line for whimsical trinket collectors.

.............. Chris

Thumbs Up!

Mine's on the way.........

Jan

This thread has been some of the best advertising Tim could ever hope for. As a result of what several others have said about the TU, I ordered one and received it a few days ago. It dramatically improves the ergonomics of the M8 and will be a regular fixture on mine.