Leica R7 Battery Holder issue

Gerah

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey guys, my first topic here after joinned the forum last month.

I got a nice Leica R7 last month on ebay and today i finnaly was abble to have a try and take some shots. I notice that sometimes when i'm holding the camera and acidently touch the battery holder it turns the camera off. I need to press the holder and sometimes open and close it again to turn on again.

The holder contacts are in good shape and no sing of oxidation. Is there any quick workaround to solve it?

Thanks 

Adequate tension, and clean all contacts including both sides of the batteries with a pencil eraser.  I've had more than one camera that had just enough invisible gunk on the contacts not to work.  A pencil eraser is just the ticket to clean them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerah said:

i've cleaned the contacts with isopropil alcohol and regulated the tensions, but it keep happens. Could this be the battery? I'm using Lythium CR1

Hmmm...  Here's the batteries Leica recommends.  I'd think that 1/3 DL would work.  Maybe trying four SR44s?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!