50mm Summilux v3 e46 worth it?

costa43

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all

sourced a nice example of this lens for around £1470 equivalent but when shining a light through the elements a very light mist is evident coming in from the circumference inside. I took some samples and the pics are crystal clear but wanted some reassurance that I’m not buying a bad egg. Has anyone had one of these cleaned before?

If the lens appears to be in good condition, I think it's a good price, even if it needs a CLA. I couldn't see anything wrong with my copy, but in challenging light conditions it flared pretty badly. After a CLA, the flare was gone.

So if you should experience such flare problems or something else, then a CLA will probably help.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, evikne said:

If the lens appears to be in good condition, I think it's a good price, even if it needs a CLA. I couldn't see anything wrong with my copy, but in challenging light conditions it flared pretty badly. After a CLA, the flare was gone.

So if you should experience such flare problems or something else, then a CLA will probably help.

Thank you. I appreciate your input.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, costa43 said:

Thank you all. I’m tempted to pick it up and have it CLA’d. I just love the images I’ve seen from this particular lens and they are not so easy to come by.

Sounds like an easy decision, make it before someone else snags the lens

• Like 1

I thought this would be a nice way to wrap up this thread 😁

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, costa43 said:

Thanks! Can't wait to take some pics with it over the next few days. It's been a lens I've lusted over for quite some time now. 

You're welcome to post in this thread when you have taken some pics you are satisfied with:

• Thanks 1