Worrying issue with 'new' Leica X2

RogerB

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well my nice mint 'new' X2 suddenly caused me some grief this afternoon.

Having returned home I removed the battery to recharge it prior to next use, (not strictly necessary but just below 1/2 full), using the official Leica charger supplied with the camera. Once showing the 'fully charged' green light I replaced the battery in the camera and switched it on - nothing, blank rear screen!  I switched off and on again two more times and again nothing, just a blank rear screen, however the next time I switched it on I had a vertical white line in the middle of an otherwise blank rear screen. A final off/on and it returned to normal.

I have an option to return the kit and I am guessing that this would be the wisest move in light of the fact that repair options are limited to none.

Anyone experienced this problem or can throw any insight on it please?

Have you tried a fully-charged spare battery?

Sometimes illogical behaviour can be attributed to a faulty memory card. So, try a different memory card if you have one.

Finally, try a factory reset (procedure in the handbook which you have).

• Like 1

Thanks wda,I didn't get notified of your response as I had failed to click the 'Follow topic' to on!

It was fitted with a freshly charged battery but not a spare battery. However as it was almost half way through its 30-day warranty period there wasn't a lot of time to check if this was an isolated problem or the potential for an electronic paperweight, (as Leica no longer service or hold spares for the X2), so regrettably I made the decision to send it back.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dkCambridgeshire said:

Possibly also caused by faulty / fake SD card 

Definitely a genuine card and it’s been fine since in my GR III and my new Leica Q. If I had had maybe a 6-month warranty I might have persevered but half way through 30 days was too risky for me.

Loving the Leica Q though so no regrets. 🙂