Leica M6 TTL battery drain through sensitive release button?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, reiniger said:

The camera is now in Wetzlar for a check and repair.

Are you going to have them do the finder upgrade while it's there for service? It's worth the extra expense just for the multicoated finder windows. Plus they will replace the shutter seals to the updated synthetic versions.

I will be interested to see how this turns out. I'm still waiting to hear back.

I have 0.85 finders (a silver in the shop and a black chrome at home) both mine are 1999 models. The viewfinder in the M6ttl are better than the earlier cameras, IMHO. Not sure what level of coating?

38 minutes ago, mshchem said:

I will be interested to see how this turns out. I'm still waiting to hear back.

I have 0.85 finders (a silver in the shop and a black chrome at home) both mine are 1999 models. The viewfinder in the M6ttl are better than the earlier cameras, IMHO. Not sure what level of coating?

When Leica performs the finder upgrade, it does not change the magnification. They add in the MP condenser and multicoated rangefinder windows to reduce the flare that can happen with the original configuration. If you’re going to take the time and expense to have the factory handle the service, it’s well worth it. I still feel the M6 TTL and the M7 are the most user friendly cameras Leica produced. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, madNbad said:

When Leica performs the finder upgrade, it does not change the magnification. They add in the MP condenser and multicoated rangefinder windows to reduce the flare that can happen with the original configuration. If you’re going to take the time and expense to have the factory handle the service, it’s well worth it. I still feel the M6 TTL and the M7 are the most user friendly cameras Leica produced. 

Oh yes now this is coming back to me. Hopefully my Silver body will be back soon. If I need to send to Leica this is something worth considering for sure. Thanks for the info.