Standing out from the crowd

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In Rome (taken with the TL2 and 55-135 APO)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

11 hours ago, Louis said:

A beautiful shot, Thomas, with one of my favorite lenses.

New Year Greetings, Louis. Wonderful lens, the tele APO, I agree. I just returned from Europe, traveling light with just that lens and the little walkabout 18mm on my TL2, a very pleasant experience.

On 1/8/2023 at 7:29 AM, StS said:

I like the tonal control and the composition

Stefan

Thank you, Stefan. She had a sister dressed in black leather who looked equally fetching.

Thomas, I love this second shot. I think you did a great job with this little camera and that lens; and of course, your superb PP and BW conversion! 
It is sad that Leica discontinued APSC system while Sony, Fuji and others are coming with  interesting cameras. I really enjoy my CL; but I have problems with the screen and waiting to see if it could be repaired. It worked perfectly forv6 years!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HandofSand said:

Thank you, Stefan. She had a sister dressed in black leather who looked equally fetching.

I'm with Louis, the second one is excellent, it is quite obvious both are sisters, so it is not just charming but adds a personal note.

Stefan

21 hours ago, Louis said:

Thomas, I love this second shot. I think you did a great job with this little camera and that lens; and of course, your superb PP and BW conversion! 
It is sad that Leica discontinued APSC system while Sony, Fuji and others are coming with  interesting cameras. I really enjoy my CL; but I have problems with the screen and waiting to see if it could be repaired. It worked perfectly forv6 years!

Hi Louis, I agree re this hole that Leica has left behind in its line-up by discontinuing the X, CL and T series. All three were really great little performers, and often served as gateways into the domain of FF cameras (M, SL lines). My other Leica (besides the CL and the TL2) is the S system, which is also being phased out. Anyway, I hope you are able to either get your CL repaired or find a replacement body, I'll stick with what I have a while longer.
Take care.
T. 

1 hour ago, HandofSand said:

Hi Louis, I agree re this hole that Leica has left behind in its line-up by discontinuing the X, CL and T series. All three were really great little performers, and often served as gateways into the domain of FF cameras (M, SL lines). My other Leica (besides the CL and the TL2) is the S system, which is also being phased out. Anyway, I hope you are able to either get your CL repaired or find a replacement body, I'll stick with what I have a while longer.
Take care.
T. 

Now, they are working on a camera with L mount but smaller than SL!

6 minutes ago, Louis said:

Now, they are working on a camera with L mount but smaller than SL!

So I heard. Might take a while, though. The ONE camera I do require more often than not these days needs to have really fast and sticky AF and AF-C.

1 hour ago, HandofSand said:

So I heard. Might take a while, though. The ONE camera I do require more often than not these days needs to have really fast and sticky AF and AF-C.

Absolutely; fast AF is a must for me on the street.

From what I heard, there wont be any new camera till 2024!.... New decision makers at Leica are becoming too old and tired, I guess! :)