blurry self-portrait

rjsphd

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I need to take a self-portrait. For now, I don't have access to my Leica tethered release or to the iPhone foto a. (I am hoping to solve the latter with a firmware upgrade later.)

So I set the shutter to 12 second timer, push the release, jump into the frame, and lo and behold, all of my self-portrait attempts are out of focus.  

Clearly this is ignorance on my part.  I have the following settings: iAF or AFc; eye detection on; AF Profile Children/Pets;  aperture priority.  

I will work around this with the tether or foto, but am really curious what I am doing wrong with camera settings.

Thanks in advance,

R

First, I don't have the SL but I've had the same experience with another AF camera.  Turned out that the camera selected its focus when I pressed the shutter release...but there was no subject present at that time.  Then it took the exposure 10sec later with the focus on the wall behind the subject.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb rjsphd:

I need to take a self-portrait. For now, I don't have access to my Leica tethered release or to the iPhone foto a. (I am hoping to solve the latter with a firmware upgrade later.)

So I set the shutter to 12 second timer, push the release, jump into the frame, and lo and behold, all of my self-portrait attempts are out of focus.  

Clearly this is ignorance on my part.  I have the following settings: iAF or AFc; eye detection on; AF Profile Children/Pets;  aperture priority.  

I will work around this with the tether or foto, but am really curious what I am doing wrong with camera settings.

Thanks in advance,

R

Did you use the self timer? In that case, the camera focuses only once when you press the shutter button.

Solution: Use interval timer + AFc + Eye-AF! Works great!

Best, Frank

Edited by FrankX
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, FrankX said:

Did you use the self timer? In that case, the camera focuses only once when you press the shutter button.

Solution: Use interval timer + AFc + Eye-AF! Works great!

Best, Frank

Bingo.  Thank you

• Like 1