Leica M10 Monochrom discontinued at U.S. dealers

Herr Barnack

1 hour ago, Jeff S said:

The link was sourced, as noted, from the 2 week old report from Leica Rumors, which has been discussed in various threads.

https://leicarumors.com/2022/12/22/leica-m10-monochrom-camera-listed-as-discontinued.aspx/

Jeff

Given their less than sterling track record, I don't pay much attention to Leica rumors.

24 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

Given their less than sterling track record, I don't pay much attention to Leica rumors.

Yet the link you provided for discussion here was sourced from them, as they wrote in the first sentence. 😂  And as I explained in post #2. 

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I honestly don't care. I bought mine, I love it, don't need another. ;) Others, who hung back and didn't commit, will eventually not be able to buy a new one at some point whether or not that time is now or at some point in the future. 

There are a lot of things I've "missed out on" like this, over the years, as I didn't have the money or the motivation to commit at the time they were current. If I later really wanted one, I bought a good used one and have never regretted it. 

G

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

And your point is what?  Or is there a point?

Post #4… you said you don’t follow Rumors because of their poor track record, i.e., you don’t trust them.  But the Macfilos article got their info from that same unreliable Rumors site.  Simple as that… struck me as funny, which can be a point.

Jeff

• Like 1

I had thought that I might be able to add a new Monochrom in late 2023 or early 2024, but, well, I reckon this is better for my bank account, or, at least, it will be easier to budget for a nice lens. I rarely visit rumors sites, but, do not need a rumors site to see that Leica Store Miami and B&H do not have new M10 Monochrom cameras. B&H actually shows “Discontinued.”

Edited by RexGig0

I figured this was coming soon, so I grabbed a used M10-M last month when it showed up at the local shop for under $6700 (with 217 exposures on it, and a(nother) spare battery included).

(Yes, Jeff, I know. You told me so. ;) )

Solves my night-time high-ISO needs (when I don't have to have color) better than an M11, at this point. As well as keeping me in the M10 ecosystem - button layout, menus, batteries, etc.

M10P - main camera, to ISO 10000
M10M - for ISO 12000-40000 (and lower ISOs when I get the B&W urge)
M10 (2017 original) - backup body

• Like 4

I just took delivery of a CPO'd M10 Monocrom Leitz Wetzlar, which will make a great companion to my M10-R.  I've been shooting with a Q2M for 2+ years now and find it to be a total delight, so made the leap (early birthday present from my wife) in order to make use of my M lenses.  Now I will have to decide if the Q2M goes or stays.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...