My new M10-R, only 2 years late ...

colonel

Congratulations @colonel

FWIW your post could have been written by me it so closely mirrors my own thoughts!!!!!

Happenstance presented me with an opportunity to get a very lightly used M10R (7 weeks and 1 day ago in fact), I still have my M9, flipped the 240 for the (regular) M10 and was very happy with it.

I got the M10R on a serendipitous whim (long story as short as I can make it... I was waiting for a stranger to bring a lens to my mum's house that was for a buddy of mine -the seller didn't want to ship- and I was visiting my mum at the time, which was near where this guy worked. Whilst I was waiting I was browsing M10Rs on both eBay and store used stock, and decided that if I was going to get one then this eBay particular listing looked great, then the doorbell rings and the guy bringing the lens is the guy behind the eBay listing I was looking at as he arrived. He had the camera with him and we made a deal!)

I love the M10, but it's basically t crossing and i dotting from the 240

The 10R is way better than the spec reads on paper

The files are lovely to work with

The BW conversion is great and nicer than the M10 (IMHO)

The day after I made my deal I woke up with a little buyer's remorse... did I rush this? What does it actually do than my M10 doesn't?

7 weeks in and I'm thinking it was one of my most rewarding photography purchasing decisions I've made in a very long time!

Congrats again.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Kiwimac said:

I have to say I’m sad I missed the 10-R Black Paint. 

yeah me too, big time.

The irony being that I PERSONALLY think that it's a little bit too shiny irl, but I just abhor the quality of the finish on the black chrome versions (I do at least like the hue of the black chrome though)

• Like 1