Macro adapter with 50 lux?

TheEyesHaveIt

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I was wondering how effective it would be using the macro adapter with the 50 Lux? I was contemplating getting the 90 macro elmar but given I already have the 50 and will use that more in general, was thinking maybe I could get away with pairing that with the adapter instead.

Cheers!

28 minutes ago, TheEyesHaveIt said:

Hi all,

I was wondering how effective it would be using the macro adapter with the 50 Lux? I was contemplating getting the 90 macro elmar but given I already have the 50 and will use that more in general, was thinking maybe I could get away with pairing that with the adapter instead.

Cheers!

you're gonna be really really close to the target object with the 50mm

• Like 1

If you only need an occasional close-up solution, I can recommend the Olympus achromat MCON-P02. As far as I know, it is the only achromat on the market with a 46mm filter thread. With the Summilux-M 50mm ASPH (I guess that's the one OP is talking about) on a full frame camera, you can cover object sizes between about 11cm and 17cm on the long side. The optical quality of this achromat lens is very good. And it is surprisingly cheap.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Studienkamera said:

If you only need an occasional close-up solution, I can recommend the Olympus achromat MCON-P02. As far as I know, it is the only achromat on the market with a 46mm filter thread. With the Summilux-M 50mm ASPH (I guess that's the one OP is talking about) on a full frame camera, you can cover object sizes between about 11cm and 17cm on the long side. The optical quality of this achromat lens is very good. And it is surprisingly cheap.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This is very interesting! Yes I’d only do macro very rarely, when on certain trips. Is this similar to the ELPRO?