Image Capture on a Mac - Error 9934

IzelPhotography

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been using the internal memory to capture images and then using the Mac App "Image Capture" to import the images to a specific destination folder. From there, Capture One Pro would see this folder and import all new images to the current Session.

However, I'm now getting an the following error - The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.ImageCapture error -9934.) (-9934).

Now, I'm not sure whether the latest Mac OS upgrade has caused this or the latest Leica firmware. Is anyone else having the same problem? Thanks

Leica USB Mode = PTP

Mac OS = Ventura 13.1

Leica M11 firmware = 1.6.0.0

Edit - Lightroom also refuses to download them. It sees the M11 but shows no thumbnail previews of the files and says it's unable to download them.

Edited by IzelPhotography

Thumbnails are showing when the image is on the SD card but not on the internal memory for some reason. The same cable did show thumbnails beforehand when I was using MacOS 13.01 etc but either the latest update to the OS (13.1) or, the latest Lieca M11 firmware (1.6.0.0) has resulted in me no longer being able to download images from the internal memory to LR or via the Mac Image Capture application.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am Still on MacOS12 and  LrC, and M11 fw16 internal memory.

with USB-C cable 2.0 I can see DNG + JPG ,previews only on JPG.

With USB-C cable 3.1 I can see DNG only, if a double click the DNG shows preview.

IF the SD card is in the camera I can't see photos from IN and SD.

• Thanks 1

I'm using a USB C 3.2 gen.

You got me thinking though when you mentioned that you couldn't see anything with the SD card in. 

I took out the SD card from the camera, set the camera to record images to the internal memory, took a picture and what do you know, it let me download it via the Image Capture app and LR.

I formatted the SD card via the Mac, popped it back into the M11 and formatted it again and now I can still download new images from internal memory that had been taken after the SD card had been put back in. Something on the SD card was obviously causing problems and stopping it from transferring images to the Mac!

So, for now all seems to be working again! Cheers 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are others having issue with Adobe and Mac OS Ventura and M11 file import still? Has Adobe addressed this? I am wondering whether or not to upgrade to Ventura for my Mac Pro, for the new security encryption features, but I don't want to not be able to use M11 files.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb sdk:

Are others having issue with Adobe and Mac OS Ventura and M11 file import still? Has Adobe addressed this? I am wondering whether or not to upgrade to Ventura for my Mac Pro, for the new security encryption features, but I don't want to not be able to use M11 files.

No problems at all, MacBook Pro and Mac Studio here. Leica M11, M10-R, M10-P, M10-M, Nikon Z9, D6, D850 SD-Cards, XQD, CFExpress...