Leica S3 memory card door.

Antony

33 minutes ago, Paul0303 said:

I understand that in order to replace the door the camera needs some level of disassembly and the removal of the rubber armour so they probably don't generally sell it as a spare part.

Thanks for your reply. Well, this makes things more complicated.

What happened? If it just fell off I suspect Leica would replace it for free. I had a strap lug come loose once in an S006 (not good! I managed to grab the strap before it hit the ground), and they fixed it for free even though it was out of warranty. But if you knocked it off or something, it might be another story...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stuart Richardson said:

What happened? If it just fell off I suspect Leica would replace it for free. I had a strap lug come loose once in an S006 (not good! I managed to grab the strap before it hit the ground), and they fixed it for free even though it was out of warranty. But if you knocked it off or something, it might be another story...

Thank you for your reply. I had to glue the rubber back multiple times and little bit damaged the door as a result.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Antony, it partially depends on where you live.  In the US it takes longer to get serviced in Germany, and while I hate waiting, it always seems worth it because they do a great job.  Wetzlar will also clean the sensor, the focusing screen and make sure everything is to specs.  

The rubber on the memory card slot cover of my Typ006 came off and I contacted Leica Japan in Ginza. They replied that they would replace the part instead of reattaching the rubber. It is possible to replace the card slot cover by treating it as a repair. Leica Japan returned the camera in about a week.

• Like 3