Machu Picchu - 5 images

stuny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

These are pre-digital, but shot with an R8, 28-70 and Fuji 400 print film. My scanning skills are borderline horrid (I seldom post my scanned shots), but I just love this site and these views. The first is the classic overall shot that you see in brochures, but since we stayed overnight at the lodge (La Ruinas) just meters away from the site’s entrance we gained access 90 minutes before the first bus caromed up the steep windy road to the site. Hence, tourists don’t spoil the shots. Please note the peak in the background of the first shot, Huayna Picchu”. As soon as we entered the site at 6:00 AM we climbed to its top and took the second shot, which almost looks like aerial mapping. We were early enough that we didn’t encounter anyone until we were nearly down from Huayna. The other three shots are, the lower levels of Machu Picchu, the upper levels, and the Temple of the Sun. You might want to read Barbara’s trip notes, “Peru”.

Yup..thats Machu Pichu.. excellent set, now the conundrum is this...How DID they manage to fit each stone together, without motar and so tight that you can hardly pass a razor in between?

Did you meet James Redfield when you where there?

Thanks for sharing

Regards , Leicamann:)