Love the M7

bscott

• 2 weeks later...

Julian,

Yes the M7 with MP styling is lush. I would have gone for the Leica script on the top. The speed dial is very nice in MP style.

I just realised I haven't posted a pic of my M7 but have been oggoling everyone's M7, MP, M2 etc instead.

Here you go.

Lincoln

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am also a proud owner of a Leica M7 viewfider magnification of O.58, which I mostly use with a superb Summaron 35 2.8 as a pocketabke camera, and with the 35 summilux aspherical 1.4, summicron 28 or summicron 75, when I am taking pictures at concerts. It is also working very well with all my other Leica lenses. I am also using a Leica M8, but so far I think the image quality of film is still better than that of digital. The M7 is also the most silent Leica M I have ever used.:)

• 2 weeks later...

my bip lady bug found a new home on this new to me M7. My dream camera, love it!

Finally my 0.58 M7 has returned from 4 months (!) in Solms, during which they have apparently nigh-on dismantled and rebuilt it - all that was wrong was the failure of the centre diode...

So now I can assemble my ultimate setup with items I bought while it was away: motordrive and 35mm pre-ASPH:

1017892316_NPAkV-L.jpg

• 1 month later...

not to forget...

• Like 2

Poptart,

That is the first time I've seen Black on Silver(body) not looking subjectively "right". It must be the Cognac leather changing the colour scheme. I think a silver (50f1.4asph?) would look better, but of course the component's colour scheme doesnot change the image on the film only if it changes the way the subject interacts with you and your camera. This is totally a personal opinion. I'm not so happy with my silver 35mm on black M7 look but I can't fault the lens which doesnot care which lens it is on as it still takes great photos.

Regards, Lincoln

Is it true that every M7 owner secretly wishes they had an MP? Even if this makes no rational sense?

I know, that I would not use the MP, as I do with my M6.

The M7 is a great user camera, that interchanges without hiccups with my M8.2.

I use them parallel.

The MP is more like a "nice to have camera" to me.

I would like one, but I know, that it is not a better camera than my M7 for me.

The most nice fact about the MP to me is, that it is readily available in black paint - thats all.