Love the M7

bscott

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've used an M2 for many,many years.Bought an M7 a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier.....just came back from a family vacation (including 7 children 8mos.to 8years) Took the M7 and 35mm Leitz. 7 rolls of great memories.Sure was a lot easier then a bag full of gear.Second best thing Leica ever did.......regards,Bill

I love mine too. I have 0.72x and 0.85x versions and they are both excellent and practical cameras. :) A pic of my 0.72x below:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

love it, except for the play in the back under my thumb :(

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Love mine also. When I first picked up my M8 I was shocked at how solid the M7 felt in comparison. Then I pressed the shutter and nearly dropped the thing. After the M7 the M8's shutter and advance sounded positively thunderous. I like both cameras but have neve felt more at ease when shooting than when holding my M7.

I love my a-la-carte M7 so much that I am going to get a few more... of course, I need them to do my work.

These threads are fun.

Riccis

Riccis,

I've seen a thread on rangefinder forum where you showed some of your wedding pics from the M8. Great work by the way!

Have you moved to film?

Cheers,

Martin

Just returned from shooting the M7 in NYC today. I have to say it is the most gratifying camera to shoot of any in my experience, all other's being digital, including the M8 and several f-mount DSLR's. Some of this is due to the different head when shooting film, but much is due to the wonderful responsiveness, quiet shutter, and just "feel" of the camera. I suspect the MP, M6 and other's would appeal just the same. best...Peter

Just returned from shooting the M7 in NYC today. I have to say it is the most gratifying camera to shoot of any in my experience, all other's being digital, including the M8 and several f-mount DSLR's. Some of this is due to the different head when shooting film, but much is due to the wonderful responsiveness, quiet shutter, and just "feel" of the camera. I suspect the MP, M6 and other's would appeal just the same. best...Peter

The MP requires more time to work with.

You are more likely to catch the spontaneous shot with the M7 and its automation--allows you to catch that instantaneous moment.

Otherwise the MP is just as appealing, and if your style is as pokey as mine, even moreso.

Thanks.

Allan

• 4 months later...

All Leica M cameras make the same pictures :confused:

The M7 is (in AUTO) a little faster :D

Hagen,

I first saw your M7 pic in the love my MP thread and it really inspires me to get one and use it as much as you have. I really love the way it has worn (even better than the supposed "nice" brassing of Black Paint MPs) it has the old well used gun metal look. You must be a pro to have warn a relatively new camera in just a few years. Do you use a camera bag or case at all or do you just chuck the camera in with lenses bumping against each other rubbing each other. I seem to be over careful with my cameras which means they take ages to get ready to shoot out of the bag, not the best Leica technique.

Also was it an A La Carte? You have a black Leica badge instead of the Red Dot that instantly attracts inquiries from people who used to shoot film back in the 60s-70s but now have some dodgy digital compact as though the word digital now means quality.

Did you buy a Black Dot and perform the surgery yourself?

Do you have more pics of your camera you can share?

Thanks, Lincoln

Guest MP User

Lincoln,

Nice to reed that you like my M7. No, I don't play soccer with it :rolleyes: I simply use it for what it was built. I don't use a bag but I normally take care that my gear is not bumping against each other.

Independant of the location, temperature and weather condition the Leica M7 gives up later than the photographer.

The only thing I'm doing for my camera is to give it for a check to the CS once a year (the CS is only one hours drive for me ;) )

The M7 is on the actual technical status. It has the IR DX reading which works perfect.

It is an "a la card for poor people". I asked the CS for Vulcanite covering and the MP winding lever. The white paint I removed myself simply with alcohol. The black dot is available with the CS and will be changed free of charge.

Regards

Wolfgang

My M7 and 50mm Elmar is one of my favorite combos. The M7 is so nice and quiet, fast shooting and accurate. I truly love the .85 finder as well.

That said, it doesn't get much play right now as I enjoy the immediacy of the M8. When it's time for film, out comes the M7 (or the M5).

Did I mention love my M5 too??? ;-)

Kent