I Love My M6!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you for advice. I will wait for any offer MP/M-A around 2500 euro :-)

With some patience you will be able to find one. When I got my M-A in 2015 it was $2500USD, it also had essentially been unused, came complete in the box (even had the roll of tri-x still inside). It will be my forever camera as I received it to mark a special occasion in my life. I love your idea to have it be for your daughter, it's a beautiful sentiment!

Edited by Abram
  • Like 1

Hi all

The shutter dial on my M6 (no TTL)has losen from the camera body, the screw that holds the dial to the camera body has fallen of.

Do anybody know the type / dimensions / size of the screw?

Regards Knut F.

If you contact Don Goldberg https://www.dagcamera.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html  … he will likely have a replacement screw at reasonable cost. 

dunk 

Here's mine with some Voigtlander glass

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Hi. Does anybody know what this silver tab on my M6 is for? I’ve seen it on the M2&M3 but never on a M6.

Solid as a rock  :)

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi. Does anybody know what this silver tab on my M6 is for? I’ve seen it on the M2&M3 but never on a M6.attachicon.gif0A74AF5A-2A82-49D1-BD66-9D723BC1770D.jpeg

Simple - it is just the fix point for the bottom plate to make sure that the plate sits correctly and is light-sealed after inserting the film in the camera. 

EDIT: not so sure right now - the fix point should have the metal surrounding from the base plate around it which I don't see in the photo above. Should be also on the other side of the camera......no idea what it might be. 

Edited by Martin B

Simple - it is just the fix point for the bottom plate to make sure that the plate sits correctly and is light-sealed after inserting the film in the camera. 

Thanks Martin, but this is on the other side of the camera. The lefthand side when viewed from the back. 

I believe it was used for some kind of flash bracket for the M3, M2 and M1.  I think with the M4 there was a hot shoe on the camera, hence that specific flash bracket was no longer needed and thus the little knob could be avoided.

How it got on your M6, I don't know.  Could be a body transfer from a doner M3/2/1?

Hello Everybody,

The M4 has a "cold" shoe. Just like an M3, M2 & M1.

What the M4 has in terms of flash that The M3, M2 & M1 do not have is: Standard PC (Prontor-Compur) flash terminals in their bodies. The M3, M2 & M1 have the (Better) proprietary Leitz flash terminals that the Industry decided NOT to adopt.

M4's have PC flash terminals & "cold" shoes.

The first "M" camera with a hot shoe is the M5.

The M5 has 3 separate flash connections: Bulb & Blitz on the back (Standard PC) and Blitz in the hot shoe. Which is why it is called a hot shoe.

The "silver tab" was on the first "M" camera: The M3. Also on the M2 & on the M1. Also on some later laboratory cameras.

The M4 did not have a second tab but it could be ordered as an aftermarket add on. If the M4 user needed it.

The second tab was used for aligning the "M" camera when it was attached to certain types of laboratory & copying equipment.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

Finally it’s mine!

• Like 17

Having sold a Wetzlar M6 some time ago, I've recently been looking for another one in mint condition.  My search has ended.....

Leica Q, ISO 10000.

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, Choices....It's a beautiful thing.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, new to the forum, here's my M6 TTL

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my M6 and Summaron back from getting CLA'd by Youxin Ye!

He is incredibly backed up with work, but still managed to get them back to me in a little over a month. 

They look incredible and are performing beautifully as expected from someone so highly regarded.

Can't wait to finish this roll of Tmax 400 and see the sharp results!

28018419488_2bc9e8f4c0_k.jpgLeica M6 + Summaron 35mm f2.8 by Alex Aguilera, on Flickr

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's a late reply, but I have recently experienced this issue. You know what, changing the battery fixed my problem!

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone else has problems seeing the meter diodes on their M6 or M6TTL, outside. Mine are quite faint, easily seen inside but outside it is very difficult see them and in sunlight almost impossible to see.

W.

• Like 1