I Love My M6!

Just rented a 50 'cron. Love this lens!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Kent, me too,although mine is Ttl, one of the last leica series, and of course we have a heart too.....:p

Me too! I nearly bought an MP recently and as it turned out wasnt able to, and when I thought about it, the M6 is just fine, Id rather get a second body and have two M6 (TTLs) then one body. Right now I have just one and I find it a pain because I shoot an even mix of Chromes and Mono. But yes ultimately I love my M6 and think that if I can still get film 40 years from now then this camera will be my camera for life.

Joe

Ok, here's my best friend...

• Like 3

....and mine

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got a used 50 'cron in silver for a song because of the two gouges in the top of the lens hood.

• Like 1

Very much agree. There's more life in film and more joy in shooting with it.

Here's a better pic of mine with the new lens.

• Like 1

Normally I am extremely shy of showing my images to anyone, but I agree with a comment made by someone on another “I love my M_” thread who points out that we should be showing images taken with our adored cameras instead of them. So here’s one of mine from my very much loved M6 on a recent trip to New Jersey. I hope to encourage anyone else to do the same (that is show images, not take a trip to New Jersey).

• Like 2

Normally I am extremely shy of showing my images to anyone, but I agree with a comment made by someone on another “I love my M_” thread who points out that we should be showing images taken with our adored cameras instead of them. So here’s one of mine from my very much loved M6 on a recent trip to New Jersey. I hope to encourage anyone else to do the same (that is show images, not take a trip to New Jersey).

Good grey scale. How did you process? Is this a scan.

Thanks

Dan

Good grey scale. How did you process? Is this a scan.

Thanks

Dan

I do not process my own film (although I intend to do so soon), so in that sense I am shooting digital by scanning my negatives so that I can have control over my printing process. I use an Epson flat-bed scanner with SilverFast scanning software that is suitable for my current needs. I usually get the image pretty close to what I want, at the time of the scan but sometimes need to make additional, but very minor adjustments in Adobe Lightroom to get the print just right. The carousel image was shot on Kodak Tri-X with my M6 and Summicron-M 50mm, and the light was very good (soft) and the exposure must have been right where it needed to be. Thank you for your interest and I hope to see more images made with people's M6 posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Body and lens from 1985.....literally made for each other.

• Like 2

My slightly customized M6 from 1995 with a model IV 35/2 from 1989 and loaded with FP4+.

- Carl

I don't know whether Wetzlar 1986 was a classic vintage, but I'm very fond of my example, which I acquired in 1989.

I sometimes use a Rapidgrip and a softie, but the camera looks so much better as Leica intended. (OK - apart from my bits of tape).

The softie definitely seems to give me better slow speed results, but I find I have sometimes just missed the shot because I have a better feel for the release without it.

Now, if they could only make the M8 shutter as sweet as this one...

I have an M6 and I agree it is an absolute joy to use. It feels so good in your hands. However, I rarely use it now as I use a Canon 5D with Leitz R lenses. I just go for the convenience of the whole digital medium because, apart from not needing film and prints, you control everything totally from start to finish and you can view the results on a good monitor, zoom and edit so easily, and send via email to friends and family quickly. If I did not have any R lenses, I suppose I would buy the M8 as I prefer the rangefinder focussing which is so accurate. But then you cannot shoot macro with an M8. Also, I do not trust film processors as they frequently get scratches on my films.

Picture of my M6TTL LHSA and M4