I Love My M6!

I am in love. Bought from a collector in Western Australia who is over several auctions, selling off a collection built up over 50 years. He had two unopened M6's from 1987. And by unopened I mean the plastic wrap was still on the box. It arrived today, I had no hesitation opening it, this hasn't been bought as an investment, it's going to be put to use next to my M3 with a 35mm lens and I'll do all I can to wear it out before I wear out. I think we all know it'll be that camera that wins that race.

M6 unpacked.

M6 still in plastic from 1987.

M6 about to be unwrapped.

Leica Pass International!

First rays of light this has seen since 1987.

About to open.

• Like 16

Hi all! 

After I unfortunately dropped my black M6, I had to get a top plate replaced wit a titanium top since that was the only one in stock. It gave me the itch to customize my camera to my liking and I came across the limited edition M6 Titanium with the Buffalo Leather covering. I'm not sure where I would be able to find a cover (whether be genuine leather or not) that would mimic this look. Also, if there is anyone you would know that would be able to replace this covering in the NYC area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

TBPhotography-0426_0e2988db-05ae-4353-8e

Hi all,

I need your advice :-) I already have Leica MP and for now I would like to buy silver chrome M6. Looks easy... but... As I am reading internet/forum/topics I am not sure which type/year etc. will be perfect. This silver one will gift for my newborn daughter for 18 birthday, so will be not use, just waiting for her (time capsule) :-)

Please advice me, tell me which is the most "unbreakable", with minimum issues - just the most reliable? TTL/Classic? Or buy second MP?

For this moment I have offer for 1250 euro for Classic M6 with full boxes "like new" after two owners from 1993.  Or silver one TTL for 1680euros (ebay).

Or anyone do you know where is the best way find any old stocks M6, never used?

Please for advice.

Jakub

Hi all,

I need your advice :-) I already have Leica MP and for now I would like to buy silver chrome M6. Looks easy... but... As I am reading internet/forum/topics I am not sure which type/year etc. will be perfect. This silver one will gift for my newborn daughter for 18 birthday, so will be not use, just waiting for her (time capsule) :-)

Please advice me, tell me which is the most "unbreakable", with minimum issues - just the most reliable? TTL/Classic? Or buy second MP?

For this moment I have offer for 1250 euro for Classic M6 with full boxes "like new" after two owners from 1993.  Or silver one TTL for 1680euros (ebay).

Or anyone do you know where is the best way find any old stocks M6, never used?

Please for advice.

Jakub

Get her the M-A... brand new. Then no worries ;-)

• Like 1

This silver one will gift for my newborn daughter for 18 birthday, so will be not use, just waiting for her (time capsule) :-)

For sentimentality reasons, I would give her the camera you shoot with, the one that will capture her first 18 years.  You get the upgrade in 18 years.

Eric

• Like 4

Thanks for responds... Its good idea Eric :-)

Leica M-A I wanted, and in Czech republic was sale in one shop, silver one for 2700eur, but when I see it I was in work and after I come home has been already sold :-( Now is the price about 4300 eur, its too much for me.

MP in silver is on ebay for 2850eur (2015 year).

and M6 TTL 0.85 black is on ebay for 1600 eur (never used, new).

So now I am really considering one of this cameras :-)

Jakub, if you plan to put this camera aside for your daughter when she is 18, why not wait a bit longer until you see a better deal for an M-A or MP? There is bound to be another opportunity to buy a mint-ish example for around €2500 if you wait.

• Like 2

Jakub, if you plan to put this camera aside for your daughter when she is 18, why not wait a bit longer until you see a better deal for an M-A or MP? There is bound to be another opportunity to buy a mint-ish example for around €2500 if you wait.

Good advice. I paid £1650 for my MA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jakob, the circuit board for the TTL is no longer manufactured. The classic M6 and MP are more or less the same durability wise.

That's interesting. 

I have an M6 (now a Classic!) that I bought new in 1996, and have been thinking of ordering an a-la carte for a significant birthday present to myself.  I assumed that the current camera had TTL flash metering and so the same chip as the M6TTL, not that I use flash, so it would be wasted on me anyway!

Susie

• Like 1

That's interesting. 

I have an M6 (now a Classic!) that I bought new in 1996, and have been thinking of ordering an a-la carte for a significant birthday present to myself.  I assumed that the current camera had TTL flash metering and so the same chip as the M6TTL, not that I use flash, so it would be wasted on me anyway!

Susie

Only the TTL has TTL flash metering.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is my M6, with 35mm Summicron and a tatty old 90mm Elmarit.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7