MP or old M6 and lens.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

IMHO, lenses are more better than bodies.  Given your budget, I would keep the 50 Lux, buy the 35 ASPH, and buy a clean used M6 (there are many of them out there at competitive prices).  Why blow most of your budget on a new M6 (US$5300), when, probably, you will get relatively little use out of a film body.  How much film do you think you will shoot?

Edited by Danner

11 minutes ago, Danner said:

IMHO, lenses are more better than bodies.  Given your budget, I would keep the 50 Lux, buy the 35 ASPH, and buy a clean used M6 (there are many of them out there at competitive prices).  Why blow most of your budget on a new M6 (US$5300), when, probably, you will get relatively little use out of a film body.  How much film do you think you will shoot?

Agree, I went with an "excellent" M6 from KEH today and the 35 Summicron ASPH. I got the 3 year warranty from KEH, so, I should be covered if anything goes wrong in the next couple of years.... 

Glass rules them all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danner said:

He wasn't looking at a new M6, but a used MP.

Anyway, done deal now. @MontuckyLow have fun w your M6!  And good call not selling the 50 Lux.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 8:36 PM, Huss said:

Dirty little secret.. buy a used 7Artisans 35mm f2 for under $200 and use that with your 50 Lux while you save up for the 35 cron.  Sell it for what you paid for when you are ready for the Cron.  It's actually a very good lens!

I just bought the 7A lens.  I previously owned the cron ASPH.  I sold the cron because I didn’t see the benefit in such a massively expensive lens (10x cost of 7A).  Composition and lighting trumps the last 1% of optical quality and I do not print gallery prints.

The build quality of the 7A lens feels just as good as the cron.  About the same size and weight.  Nice smooth focus and aperture mechanics.

• Like 1